Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

Jacuzzi

Clementine

Yesterday Lorie Davison invited me over to her and Tim's place.   This is what it looks like walking up to the front door of their little cottage.   Oh and these are my dogs butts.   

Lorie lured me over with talk of Tim's famous cookies and a trip to her favorite Jacuzzi.    They're such interesting and nice people.   I've known them for a million years and miraculously I still like them.  

Well.... Tim makes the best cookies in the world.   So I have to at least *pretend* to like *him*.  . if I want a cookie.     He's been perfecting his recipe for years and everyone for miles around can smell when there's fresh cookies out of the oven., and they manage to drop by just in time.   

We were sitting there enjoying a cookie and a lemon vanilla coke with floating  ice bergs., I mean ice cubes and Tim speaks up and says  -Ahh... the world is full of so many wonderful things!-    

I thought that was a wonderful thing to say.   So indicative of his ability to savor and appreciate  simple pleasures.   It made me glad they were my freinds.    Now onward!   to the Jacuzzi!
0 | 0
Clementine

Here is Lorie introducing me to her favorite jacuzzi spot.     After sitting in front of the computer hour after hour creating her beautiful scrap kits Lorie needs to unwind.    so she walks a couple miles each day to this place.
0 | 0
Clementine

Right this way....  watch out for water snakes and try not to step on periwinkles.
0 | 0
Clementine

Now just plunk your butt down and .... become one with the river.
0 | 0
Clementine

Okie dokie.,  No one needs to twist *my* arm to get me to dive into heaven.   And when I go right into that effervescent bubbly part i feel like I've been incarnated into a green olive... bouncing around in a glass of tonic water.
0 | 0
Clementine

This is the best jacuzzi ever!   It pummels your back so hard if you don't get your feet wedged into some rocks it will shoot you out of there like .... well like an olive out of a fire hose.   I'm into olives today.
0 | 0
Clementine

Lorie the river nymph taking it easy on a rock.
0 | 0
Clementine
I almost forgot!   when i left there last evening I came across a mama bear and a baby bear.   they loped along in front of my car for quite aways.   Baby bear stopped at a pine tree and started to climb up but mama bear said no lets keep going.   I  usually see a bear or two every year., but last year I didn't see any.    so i was very happy to see these little critters last night.  My gosh i must be boring.   But you know it's like a miracle i even have this communication device in my home.   I managed to get electricity but it's only in one room.   the kitchen.   I have stupid heavy-duty orange extension cords laying all over the house in order to direct the electricity to other rooms., a few lamps and this computer.    If i weren't trying to make a living making scrap kits .. and most importantly if I didn't love my family so much and want to be near them., I'd try to live far up in the mountains.,  or far up the Salmon River.   and live like Polly Bemis or Buckskin Billy.
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
That looks fantastic to me! Just gorgeous! Was it terribly cold?
Every once in awhile I think I'd like to live far from everything. My parents live up in the mountains half way between Sacramento and Lake Tahoe, and I LOVE it up there. There are lots of critters, a deer or two. But then I have to drive 45 minutes to get to the grocery store on kind of terrifying mountain roads and I realize how spoiled I am.
Lorie's house looks like an enchanted cottage. Why am I not surprised?
0 | 0
Karen_Johnson
I agree it looks beautiful!
It's such a world away from where I live I can only imagine what life must be like.
I'd like to try it one day lol
Kx
0 | 0
Clementine
Oh my goodness I love terrifying mountain roads!!     I shouldn't i guess., but i do.    I remember one time my mom was driving us over the Teton Mountains.,  and I guess in those days the road was awful.   because my mom was sweating bullets,  my grandma was jabbering  in German and my brother Troy was on the dirty floor in the backseat praying to God!!   ha ha cracks me up to think of it.   One time our family was trying to get a trailer that had all of our belongings up and over a mountain road and the  wheels of the trailer went over the edge.   All of us kids were ushered quickly out of the car and Oh my such a hub bub amongst the men folks over that one.   Dad and grandpa and uncle all trying to figure how to get the trailer back on the road and not let the car go off the cliff.   
I'll tell you it would not have been a good thing.,  but lord what a sight that would have been to see that car and trailer go bouncing down the mountain.   Have you ever done that?    Pushed something big down a mountain?   People used to do it all the time., That's why you can still see old cars in ravens.    I've had fun pushing old tires down steep mountains.    And big rocks.     Oh lord the bad things I did when I was a kid.    They arrest kids now for the things I used to do.  My name would have been in the paper a number of times.
0 | 0
Clementine
Hey MrsBoyer.,   do your parents live near where the Donner Party stayed for the winter??
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
The Donner Pass is about 2 hours NW of where my folks are. It's on the other side of Lake Tahoe. But they live near Placerville, which is also known as "Hangtown" because... well in the gold rush days, because they used to love to hang people there! http://www.historichwy49.com/placer/pvhist.html
I love Placerville. I could live there, I think.
0 | 0
Fifi
What a wonderful bunch of pictures, a world away from my suburban area, but all the more to appreciate!  I've had some scary moments in the mountains, like driving along one lane roads in the mist right along side of these huge ravines hoping no cars came from the other direction!  And going back and forth forever on narrow hair pin curves on the way to the mountain tops...I thought we'd never get there!  But in the end it was worth it, a wonderful place to relax and spend a few days with a view to remember forever!
0 | 0
Clementine
Thanks for the link MrsBoyer.    I love old towns like that.   
Hi Fifi!!    I'm working hard on my next kit Eleanors Avenue.    It's more girlie then the others.   Hope you like it.   I've still got plenty of work left to do.,  but hopefully it won't take FOREVER to finish it.    I got knocked for a loop last night.   and have a rib out of place again.   Ouch it hurts.   I keep breaking them and separating them from the cartilege.  I'm a mess sometimes.   I think I need Boniva.
0 | 0
eryn
OMG the pictures are divine! I could live in Lorie's house! And if I could work out some way to heat the river I think I could live in that jacuzzi! lol

Sorry for the ribs though...I hope it mends soon. hugs!
0 | 0
LauraPM
Hope the ribs heal up soon! Doesn't sound like much fun at all. :
0 | 0
ArmyGrl
Speaking of snakes (post #3) my hubby and I had a 5 footer going across our back porch the other day...keep in mind we live in a subdivision in SAN ANTONIO!  Hello, city here! Well, okay, more suburbia...

It might have been a rattler, this area is know for 'em...we really couldn't tell...so we called the police (because Animal Control does not work on Sundays!).  That sucker was mean and reared up on its haunches at the Cop (do snakes have haunches?)...anywho...the snake was not caught or killed...just chased out of our yard and into the neighbors....

Great---its still out there somewhere...thank goodness our puckies (doggies) have had their rattlesnake vaccination!
0 | 0
Clementine
That sounds very exciting.   I've never seen a 5 footer.     You needed Steve Irwin.    I miss him.   The world misses him.   Cops are probably not experts in snake capture.   Well hurray for your neighbors!,  now they too can have some excitement.   I wish I could have been there to see the snake rear up to striking position.     I made one do that when I worked for the forest service.    It was very exciting because he kept striking the stick i was putting in front of his face.   He may have been 4 ft. long.,  not a granddaddy like yours.    But he was very mad at me.    He made a believer out of me... I was impressed with the force they use to strike.   They don't just slither up to ya, open their mouths and sink their teeth in.    Their whole body is a muscle and they use it to nail their antagonizer if they're peed off like that.   You'd think your pet snake would rattle if he was a rattler.   But that's another thing I learned... they don't always rattle!
I found a snake up in the mountains with a clear set of rattles on his tail but he never did shake it at me even though I picked him up with a stick.    Well now you know there's a snake on the loose.    Watch your step!   a couple summers ago I accidently stepped on a snake in my field.   ha ha.  I don't know which one of us was more surprised.   I have a couple varieties of snakes on my place including some cute little water snakes in the pond.    I should not keep going on and on about snakes.   makes me sound like a weirdo snake lover.    Which... well.. i do like most creatures .  I find them incredibly interesting and fun to observe.
0 | 0
Fifi
Snakes give me the heebie jeebies, I mean I'm perfectly alright with them living out a good ole snake life but I really don't want to be near them, except they are really fascinating and I do go look when Vincent and I are at the zoo.  Well once when I was little kiddo I opened up the back door to the common courtyard and there was this little garden snake all coiled up and sunning on the back step, I practically stepped on it, lept back and slammed the door!  Good thing I was looking down at the time!  

Happy to hear about Eleanor's new kit, I'm sure it's be loverly!  Bad deal, the ribs, hoping for a decent and quick recovery for ya.  Ta...........
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
I lived on an Arizona cattle ranch for one semester in high school, and there were plenty of snakes around. It was there that I learned that many horses, at least the ones we used, did not suddenly freak out when they see a snake, even a rattler a'rattlin.' Ours would just step right over them- or worse, ON them. I was never really scared of snakes at all. I think they're cool. Now, scorpions or centipedes-EEEK!

Also, we had a horse that ate loco weed. That was one tripped-out horse.
0 | 0
Clementine
Loco weed.   I wonder what exactly that is.
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
I had actually always thought that they were talking $&!t about "loco weed," it sounds like something made up, but I looked it up just now and it appears to be legit. http://www.understanding-horse-nutrition.com/locoweed.html
Causes "aimless wandering" and "Lethargy followed by extreme outbursts in response to mild stimuli." Sounds about right! It also says that they get addicted to it. OH well, who am I to judge?
0 | 0
ArmyGrl
Now, scorpions or centipedes-EEEK!

Scorpions....no problem...mostly I encounter baby ones--except in Iraq when we had a nest of 'em living under our tent...but still, no problem...now those Camel Spiders--girl, do you want me to clear a tent 'cause I will NOT stick around for one of those scary beast!

And centipedes---lived in Hawaii for 2 1/2 years--lots of centipedes there. BIG, BIG almost a 1 ft long ones! OMG--that is what nightmares are made of! I have the creepy-crawlies just thinking about those things!

Snakes--green garden snakes, black ones--no problem...but what ever we had on the porch--largest one I have encounted not at the Zoo! And really could not tell what kind it was---really, really concered that it could have been a rattler (pattern didn't seem correct though)...or maybe someone's pet escaped???

A tripped out horse---that would be interesting to see---from a distance though!  My ex-husbands family raced horses--his auntie has had her face reconstructed due to a horse kick.
0 | 0
Clementine
Sounds like you've been around the block a few times Lisa.   Hawaii would be nice.   Iraq though?    that does indeed blow my mind.    When i think of all the people who went over there and didn't come home again.   Did you have to wipe that thought out of your mind?
Do you just go about your job and hope for the best?   What if you said no I can't go.  ?
What would happen?   What if you said I'm too scared to perform my duties?    HOw long were you there?   Did you kiss the ground when you got back home?

Did anyone notice a set of rattlers on that big boys tail?    I wouldn't mind seeing a foot long centipede.   Just for the sake of scientific investigation., but I'd want it to hold still,  not race around or run up my pant leg.    

A nest of scorpians under the tent?   why was that not so bad?     Camel spiders.,   I must look em up.   

Lisa I've lived in many tents..starting from childhood.  And worked in Forestry.. where I'd live in a tent all summer until the snow came.   I enjoy tent living.   Life is simple when all your belongings fit into a few boxes and can be stored under a cot.    And I'm sure tent living in the military can't be all bad because they probably feed you pretty good.    But there's just that one little thing that would ruin it for me.    .   The fact that you could be killed any day by people who don't like you.
I don't know how you could handle that.
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
My husband has been to Iraq and seen camel spiders. They are gnarly. He had a picture. They don't really even look exactly spider-riffic from the pic I saw, but not like something I would want to be near.

He's in Afghanistan now, and has not complained about any wildlife at all. There are camels, but they are livestock. I think camels are cool.

If there was a giant snake outside my house HERE, I think I might freak out a little tiny bit, now that I put it in context. But there in the desert where we were living in an adobe house with sparse plumbing (but we did have a kitchen sink!) it just seemed like every day. I didn't like the centipedes because when they sting you it is unpleasant, and they are so fast. But the centipedes of any size just straight up creep me out. All those LEGS!!!
0 | 0
KimberlyRae
Aweeeeee....yes this takes me back to the good life....I'm so jealous!
Not only you got to spend time with Lorie but I would die for a river jaccuzi!
G R E A T pics, too! TFS..hope you're feeling better.  those waves are no place for weakened ribs..hee
PS you two look like sisters
0 | 0
ArmyGrl
I enjoy tent living.   Life is simple when all your belongings fit into a few boxes and can be stored under a cot.    And I'm sure tent living in the military can't be all bad because they probably feed you pretty good.    But there's just that one little thing that would ruin it for me.    .   The fact that you could be killed any day by people who don't like you.
I don't know how you could handle that.

Yes, tent living can be so simple--and rather bonding too!  I'm a weird one, I had fun in Iraq--seriously!  (I got to go on a rest and relaxation trip to Qatar--I got to jet-ski in the Persian Gulf!...don't swallow the water!)  I guess life is what you make it.  Like the tent living--having limited power, no TV, very limited computer access--all you can do is reach out to your fellow humans and actually have conversations, or play card games...hee,hee, we even had a Salsa competition and me and my dance partner came in 2nd (out of like 10 couples).  Its just amazing how you can entertain yourself w/limited resources.  Oh--and because most of Iraq's power grid was out for awhile--I got to see the arm of the Milky Way it was so dark at night (I grew up like 20mins south of Washington D.C.--lots of light pollution).

But Iraq is different now.  I was w/the first wave of Soldiers, Airman, Sailors and Marines that went over.  Now, there is electricity and many amenities to make our Warriors' lives more comfortable.

About the being killed thing---I drive to work everyday on highway 35--I could be killed there!  Like I mentioned earlier, I grew up near D.C.  When I was a freshman at the University of MD, my neighbor got shot and killed--by a boy who's locker was three down from mine the previous year.  Its all relative--the being killed thing.  I will not pretend to be braver than I am (I am actually more geeky than brave or bold, hee, hee), however, I serve willingly.  Strength, honor...two of my personal values that are personified in being a Soldier.  And besides, I'm in the medical field--after Iraq I became a cytotechnologist for the Army...scariest thing I encounter now is cancer!!!!
0 | 0
Clementine
Lisa,  being with the first wave of Soldiers makes what you did even more perilous I think.
Seems like things were so fired up over in Iraq at first.        
And MrsBoyer I'm sure you miss your husband and worry about him over there.    Heck i'm worried about him and I don't even know him.   
Yes,  I know I could get hit by a hay truck while walking across the road to my mailbox.... but gee whiz going to a war zone .    Well I'm impressed with your strength, honor and courage.   I'm amazed actually.    Amazed at every man and woman who serves in the military.   You deserve our respect and appreciation.  

What does a cytotechnologist do?
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
All I have to worry about is red back spiders and those little black house spiders that live near window sills.  I always thought they were benign, and then I found out they are pretty venomous.    Other from that it's rats, mice, roaches and possums and maybe a tripped out teenager.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.