Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Chillin' and Chatter ?? Poser and other 3D programs....

?? Poser and other 3D programs....

orachel
Hi there! I have 2 questions re: poser and other 3d programs. First, does ANYONE know how to make poser stuff look less 'posery'..ie: take away that 'plasticine' look? It seems to be a matter of texture, but if anyone has a tutorial or general steps to go about it, i'd be MONDO appreciative.

Second...i've never used poser or any other 3D programs, but i'm intrigued by some of the stuff you can get for it, like the 'set/backlot' packs to create worlds and stuff. AND i just got these really cool jpg backgrounds that come with 'poser lights' that match...i guess it puts that color value on anything you stick in scene? That's my guess anyway. Does anyone know of a way to convert those lights to something i can use in photoshop? I'd be thrilled to have a translucent png that i could just clip onto elements so they'd match, but NO clue how to do that. And/or do you know whether there's a free program that lets you use those poser lights? I might actually have an old version of poser on an old harddrive, my ex was into some stuff like that..but if i do its on a harddrive i've lent out, and i wouldn't have a clue how to use it if it was. So, a free program would be the way to go, or ideally just a freeware thing that converts them to photoshop friendly stuff.

Anyway, just hoping for some suggestions. DYING to use these matching 'lights' with the backgrounds i've got and no clue how to do it. AND the texture thing is driving me nutsaroonie...I know its possible to 'de-plastic' poser stuff.  The only people i know of who do this well are a few designers, and i don't wanna ask them for their trade secrets..but if one of you knows, that would be awesome!

Thanks so much, guys!!
0 | 0
eryn
Absolutely no idea! But I'd love to learn more!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
I downloaded a trial of either Poser or Daz a couple of months back and didn't stick with it at all!  

If you are really interested in either, I would recommend visiting either site and downloading the trial and see how you go.  

Other from that, I cannot help you.  

There are several places where you can download backgrounds/back lots (I've used some in my pieces here), as well as the actual poser 'dolls'.
0 | 0
fairydust

There are several places where you can download backgrounds/back lots (I've used some in my pieces here), as well as the actual poser 'dolls'.

oooh...i did not know that!!! i downloaded the trial a few months back, but didn't stick with it either. i think because i was still attempting to "master" elements (lol) & the thought of teaching myself another intense program, as well, seemed like too much of a bother.
given the information here, i think i'd like to give it another try.
sorry, rachel.....i am of no help but would love to hear more about your experience with the program...:)
danielle
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
http://market.renderosity.com/Renderosity has a lot of 3D stuff and 2D stuff (which are the backgrounds).  It's a store.

http://grannyart.blogspot.com/GrannyArt has all sorts of things too.  Those are free.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.