Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

Naked Babies

eryn
Where do you all get your cute little stock babies from??
I've looked at a few different stock photo sites but I'm not about to pay upwards of $50 to get a couple of photos. Is there anywhere else?
0 | 0
Tara
ROFL! Yeah me either girl, me either!!!!! If I could find really good stock ones for free or cheap as chips bring it ON!
0 | 0
orachel
I've asked a few of the phenomenal fantasy girl who do the 'cute naked babies in cabbages' pages...they're paying thru the nostrils for them. Its not that i don't think they're worth it, cause they totally are, but i literally can't afford it.

One place you can go to get cute kid stock for free is http://www.Sxc.huwww.Sxc.hu They don't so much have the 80000 adorable naked babies, but there's TONS of kid and baby stock, and its free.
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Hmm, okay, can I be weird for a minute?  

What's the attraction to the babies?  Why do the words 'cute' and 'adorable' precede the word 'baby'?  I could understand if it was baby animals, but baby humans?  Hmm, not so much.  

(And just for the record, I could ask a whole bunch of weird questions about the baby 'attitude', but I won't, to save myself more embarrassment
0 | 0
eryn
lol Karin!! baby humans are cute! Especially when they are asleep!

and thanks Rachel..I tried that site but didn't find anything I liked. I ended up going with my own photos...even though they weren't naked! lol ..Why didn't I do cute naked baby pics while I had the chance?? hahaha
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Oh, the sleeping part is the important part!  Now I get it.  I guess that's why I don't think they are cute, coz mine never slept.  

Actually, I never thought they were cute, before I had mine, when I had mine and to this day ... I see a picture of a newborn and all I see is a wrinkled pink blob, nothing cute about that, not to me anyhow.

I don't get clucky either, unless it's kittens, LOL.
0 | 0
eryn
love kittens! but babies can be cute too! generally not newborns though! I totally get the wrinkly, skinny, red thing.
0 | 0
ginamichelle1111
Hi Eryn,

Try this site:

http://www.freestockimages.net/

They then list a bunch of other sites under the sub menu: Image Providers. I think there might be a lot of good stuff throughout the different sites. I am still browsing through it as we speak. :
0 | 0
ginamichelle1111
well maybe not that great.... still have to pay some money for some and they are okay. I guess it is worth looking around though......
0 | 0
ginamichelle1111
I would like to know though which site it is that people are getting great stock photos from? Is it ShutterStock?
0 | 0
ArmyGrl
Ms. Kazadoodle,  I am with ya on the whole cute thing.  I am an outlier when it comes to babies and kids as I am not really that fond of them (no offense to all the mothers out there--I think I must have a genetic flaw somewhere 'cause I don't want to propagate the species).  I'd rather live vicariously through friends and family members than have my own.
0 | 0
OrianaVianey
I get the baby phobia... and I know lots of people say all babies are cute... but is not true.... I've seen quite a bunch of ugly babies... and newborns.... please, not even my own (who is actually VERY cute... LOL) was pretty at that age.

I'm not a children person... at all... I got pregnant after 10 years of marriage and one is more than enough (plus I have a maid).
I truly love my kid, and is really well behaved (I think I traumatize him a little... LOL) but I'm not all mommy dearest at all... ROFL!!!
0 | 0
Mish
LOL Karin!  I'm so not into babies. Can look at a pic, say uh huh & leave it at that quite happily. If someone comes near me with a newborn... nope, does nothing for me. Totally & completely over it all.

Now having said that.... my view may have been slightly coloured since I'm raising 5 kids on my own, but even if the chance came up... nope. Never again. I am soooo done.  Don' get me wrong, I adore my kids & wouldn't change them for the world.  Just no way I want to know about any more ever again. :p

As for cute kitties... or puppies or any other animal. Nope totally don't get that. They also hold absolutely no attraction for me whatsoever.... even less than babies do. LOLOL!
0 | 0
orachel
Holy mother of mercy, Mish! Raising 5 on your own!! I'm so bowing down to you...that is an amazing accomplishment. I'm agog at you right now.
0 | 0
Clementine
I guess I'm a weirdo.    I love baby humans.   I've never ever ever seen an ugly one.  They are all ADORABLE.   Tiny little creatures.   miniature people.  innocents.   Clean slates.   I have to watch myself in public so as not to be so enthusiatic over other peoples babies that the parents get afraid of me.    I try to be careful in that regard.   But I want to hold them.   and talk to them.    I love babies.   I loved being pregnant 3 times too.   I'd do it again.   I'd start all over.   I knew FOR SURE  that I had it in me to give birth to 14 kids.  I'd be that crazy lady.   So I purposely and with premeditation got spayed at the age of 32.   Because I knew baby fever would get me time after time.   I'm not saying they didn't drive me up the wall.   but lord they were fun when they were little.
0 | 0
Fifi
That's why it's so much fun to have grandkids too, living it all over, the good, the not so good, the sweet, whatever the moments, but they're gone again all too soon!  Have been enjoying every moment with Vincent!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
I hear some of you loud and clear on not having babies.   However, accidents happen and here I am with a 9.5 year old.  I did tell her daddy that it was going to be only one and he said of course.  I love her to bits, but I gotta tell you, I'm not cut out to be a mother.   The kicker is that I had to have a child that is super bright, hyperactive and rarely sleeps!   

Oriana, can I have your maid?  

Fifi, my mum loves being a grandparent.
0 | 0
aevans96
OMG Karin, I totally relate. I too am not cut out for motherhood. I lack the Patience and I frankly don't like children. Never really have. I do in fact find babies cute. But they have to be of the non crying variety and I don't want to hold them. Take their pics and admire from afar yes but to hold them, not really.
Yes, accidents do happen I have a 3 year that I LOVE to death. Glad I had him but this accident WILL not happen again!! He is the love of my life
0 | 0
glitterbug
I'm with you Clem!  I LOVE me some babies!  My youngest is almost 9 and I have to stop myself from freaking people out about their babies too.  I would have had more except for the fact that I get hyperemesis and can't eat for nearly 4 months!  Home nurses and IV's...but I would so so it all over again...Now as far as looking at them in scrap lo's, sometimes they look too perfect...I mean who actually has pics like those of their own kids?  I am just now getting into the digi scrapping (thanks to you all lovely ladies and DS) but I have normal everyday pics of my kids & would love to see those kinds of photos in lo's.  Next to these amazing professional stock photos, mine look like total crap!  I feel like they can't live up but then I make myself realize that they are fantasy not reality.  Does any of that make sense?
0 | 0
MissB
I have normal everyday pics of my kids & would love to see those kinds of photos in lo's.  Next to these amazing professional stock photos, mine look like total crap!  I feel like they can't live up but then I make myself realize that they are fantasy not reality.  Does any of that make sense?

ROFL!!!  My kids are so NOT the little angelic angels that I may wish them to be.  One of the reason I do fantasy LO's.  It's MY fantasy.  Hahahahaha

I scrap my kids in fantasy photos.  Everyday normal stuff too.  In fact, 85% of all my photos are normal every day shots.  If you saw the before pic and the after pic ... night and day.  LOL  I've used pics of them standing watching a Disney Parade, jumping on the trampoline, walking around barefoot at a birthday party ...
In the order they were mentioned.

0 | 0
ArmyGrl
Now the "whee" LO...that gets me everytime....that would be such much fun...diving into chocolate.  I go goo-goo gaa-gaa over chocolate!  Artifical love, baby!
0 | 0
Clementine
that diving into chocolate is a hoot!!    I take pics of my grandkids doing ANYthing and everything.   just snap snap snap while they're busy being kids.,., because I know any of those photos could come in handy.
0 | 0
OrianaVianey
oh I looove my little accident to pieces!!
And I'm a great aunt
My BFF say that my little one is too well behaved, that I must be doing something right... I answer her that he is product of my annoyance more that my "motherly DNA"... I just can't stand a spoil kid (I'm spoiled enough myself... LOL
0 | 0
pankerbelle
Where do you all get your cute little stock babies from??
I've looked at a few different stock photo sites but I'm not about to pay upwards of $50 to get a couple of photos. Is there anywhere else?

I have access to a few really beautiful babies, and a nice DSLR lol if you could agree to do all my extractions for me hahahaha I could slip you some nice photos

lol yall know I'm joking I would never extort my little angels like that hahahaha unless its just a really hard extraction hehe
0 | 0
eryn
lol I'm sure we could work something out for one or two photos if you like!
0 | 0
LauraPM
Oh Miss B these are AMAZING! I can't get over them!!!!  Especially the trampoline/chocolate one.  WOW!
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.