Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Chillin' and Chatter Viruses & Worms on Deviant Art!!!!!

Viruses & Worms on Deviant Art!!!!!

fairydust
hi, friends......just wanted to give you a head's up. i was perusing the net for brushes & any brushes from deviant art were blocked by security software.
never having had a problem with this awesome site before, i did some research & found the following link: http://news.deviantart.com/article/109874/

suffice to say i am not a computer genius & am not sure if simply going to the site will be of harm, as i have found it is not (only downloading) but if you'd care not to risk it & check out the post from DA administration, the jist of it is: they discovered the problems about 11 hours ago & are checking into the matter.

i hope it gets worked out soon.....:
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
I know Rachel has issues with DA every time she goes.  I dread to think if I've picked something up from there.
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
Oh Doo Doo!

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
eryn
thanks for letting us know!
0 | 0
fairydust
I know Rachel has issues with DA every time she goes.  I dread to think if I've picked something up from there.

i'm sorry to hear that because they have, by far, THE BEST brush collection out there....i've been using them for about 6 months now & never had a problem.
i really hope they sort it out
0 | 0
Tara
Wow! Thanks heaps for the heads up Sweetie. I swear the idiots who make these viruses and worms and stuff really need to get lives and get new hobbies. LOL! Thanks heaps for letting us all know. xoxoxo
0 | 0
ginamichelle1111
Thanks!! Maybe that is where I got my virus. I was surfing DA the same night I got a virus and it cost me a bundle to get rid of it.
0 | 0
orachel
yep...3 separate times now, I go to DA, end up with HORRIBLE malware within a few hours...horrible. Big huge mondo bummer, because I adore their resources from stock to brushes to everydang thing....but yep, my puter does NOT like it there at all. Sigh...i hope they get it fixed cause it makes me crazy not to be able to go.
0 | 0
fairydust
well......come to think of it at the end of june i picked up some malware that claimed to be security software & asked for my visa or mc to remove the trojan virus that was supposedly in my computer. obviously a scam & i was able to get rid of it myself (after a couple hours...and knock wood). could be i picked it up at DA. too bad.
they said on FB that we should expect a "revolutionary" new version of the site come august so i hope that has something to do with making it "germ free."
0 | 0
swathe
wow.. thankyou sooooo sooo much.. I happened to wonder over that way the other night... but my virus  protectors not picked anything up.. so I am sooo hoping that I am in the clear..

I'm like tara.. the mongles need to get a life.. and do something else with their spare time they have..
0 | 0
Fifi
Wow, thanks so much for sharing this, it's really scary how easy it is to pick up these nasty germs and I've just started going there too, well, guess I won't be going for a while now, bummer!  Thanks again Miss Fairydust!
0 | 0
orachel
Fifi and others...this seems like a very specific problem for some people. Almost seems like there's people that it affects and they can't go there without picking something up, and people it doesnt...If you've gone a few times and not had issues, i'm guessing you're one of the ones that it doesn't affect, so i wouldn't stress too much.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.