Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

Hi There!

Artie
I am brand spanking new here, relatively speaking. I understand everyone is on Facebok now but unfortunately I don't do Facebook.

What I want to say is I am just in awe of the artistic talent on this site. My jaw dropped the first time I came upon this site. So incredibly lush and deep and surprising. I can't get enough of it. I have been looking for art like this for so long. I truly feel I have found home.

I do not consider myself an artist. I feel I am an "Arranger" of other people's art and I feel I have found the mother lode of little masterpieces to manipulate. You cannot imagine the fun and joy I have had with Mischief Circus' products. It has been open door to a new world.

Thank you, Hollie, for your prompt responses and helping me. I hope to meet more of you wonderful people and share your imaginative worlds.
0 | 0
itKuPiLLi
316 Posts
Hi Artie
I am so please to read your post, because I totally agree with you. Mischief Circus is the most awesome site. Incredible talent all over the place. :
0 | 0
peppapig
1 Posts
England
Hi Artie welcome aboard...looking forward to seeing some of your art :
0 | 0
bockel24
468 Posts
Münster, Germany
nice to meet you - love your avatar!
bockel24@blogspot.com
0 | 0
Artie
Awww, thank you Bockel25, Jayne, Kirsi. It is so nice to be welcomed. There are so many incredible artists on this site I am overwhelmed. I don't think anything I do will ever be as good. I am new to digital art and working with Serif Craft Artist. I downloaded the free trial offer of Photoshop and it scared the heck out of me.LOL!

Kirsi, I love your work and I won't be happy till I have bought everything you have done. When I first saw it I felt connected.

I must say I do have my favourite artists on here but even the bits I am not interested in are done so very well. I  am setting a goal for myself to purchase some things I would not normally use and try to become comfortable with them.

Yes, I will show you my creations no matter how bad I think they are. Every person on here who has posted an image is my hero and inspiration. It takes a lot to open your inner self to the world.

Maybe I sound like a bit of a Pollyanna but I am an older woman who embraces new technology and wants to learn everything I can. Maybe one day I will even get Photoshop! LOL!

Goodnight everyone and thanks for being so kind.
0 | 0
peggyg
1 Posts
Hi Artie, welcome from another "older" person who loves this place!!!
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
I am so happy you found your way over here, Artie. Welcome aboard!

Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
DALE
1 Posts
Welcome Artie! You are in for a real treat at The Circus! Have fun! xx
0 | 0
Artie
*waving to Peggy, Dale, and Hollie*

Well, what's new with me? I have been busy working on a Christmas present for my husband. I am using all the elements I have bought here and I am hoping it turns out the way I want. We have no children and no grandchildren (LOLOL) so we do not have albums of photos or scrapbooks full of stuff.

It will be Artie and Walter White's Excellent Adventure. Why Walter White? My husband is his doppelganger. He is constantly being stopped in the street and asked if he knows who he looks like. Bwahaha! The steampunk elements are particularly fun for this.

I am reluctant to post one of my pages because everyone else' looks so professional. Mine are simply layers with our mugs pinned on but it isn't fair that I can see yours if you can't laugh at mine. I will dig up the courage.

Again, I want to thank everyone who welcomed me and particularly the artists who have given me so much happiness. I can't wait to get started each day. There is so much I want to accomplish and so many people I am grateful to.

Life is good when you have some mischief in your life.

xoxoxArtie
0 | 0
Artie
Just wanted to say a big thanks to all the artists who contributed to this month's Shine On project.  Absolutely stunning!

I look forward to these sets not only for my own benefit but also because  I am amazed by the work and imagination involved.

I humbly bow to you all.
0 | 0
xquizart
1011 Posts
Hi Artie!...how did hubbies present go?

I remember when I stumbled upon Mischief Circus (was Deviant Scrap then) and I too was blown away by all the awesome kits that were available from such amazing designers! This shoppe certainly got me hooked!

Hope to see some of your creative bits and pieces soon xo

hugs Deb
0 | 0
dkane
Welcome Artie. I too stumbled upon Mischief Circus (Deviant Scrap then) and found a home. The artists are delightful and the site is awesome.
0 | 0
Artie
Hi Deb! Thanks for the "friend" request.

Funny you should ask about my husband's gift. I decided to give him a piece every Friday. I cannot tell you how amazed he was. He couldn't believe this same woman who scoffed at the internet in 2001 created the pictures. LOL

The Friday gift goes back to when we were dating. We worked at the same company and every Friday I found a small gift from him at my desk. It might be an interesting clipping from a magazine, a flower, a tiny bar of chocolate, or a small toy he got from a gumball machine. That went on for years and years.

In the past 5 years I have taken over and have given him Friday Surprises. A new dvd or something snagged off youtube, funny photo of our cat, a book I thought he might like.

These faux adventures I have created have topped everything in his eyes. I have always been so reluctant to show anyone what I do but he has given me a boost in confidence. The first picture I gave him featured Mr Whiskers steampunk collection and it was the biggest hit. It was so simple but it meant so much to him.

Deb, I have not bought anything from you yet as I am not sure how I can use your pieces to best advantage. They are so gorgeous and everything blends together perfectly but I don't see how I can improve or change anything without screwing things up They are truly works of art on their own. Maybe I should start out with the background papers but even those could be enlarged and framed. LOL!

Nice to see people here and Happy Birthday to Everyone!! You are the ones that make this place a haven for those of us seeking the unusual and beautiful.

And no doggone politics! LOL

Anyway, thank you for your friend request.
0 | 0
Artie
Hi dkane. Deviant Scrap! LOL!
0 | 0
bockel24
468 Posts
Münster, Germany
welcome here, Janeta!
bockel24@blogspot.com
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Welcome to the circus, Janeta!

Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
Nonni_f
1 Posts
New Hampshire, USA
Welcome, Janeta!  Glad you've joined us.
0 | 0
itKuPiLLi
316 Posts
Hi Janeta, please to meet you! :
0 | 0
peggyg
1 Posts
Welcome from me too!
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.