Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

85 dollars.

Clementine
I just got back from the Salmon river.......... again.    60 miles there. and 60 miles back.   

When I went sunday with the girls I had a check in my pocket for 85 dollars from a necklace I'd sold.    I didn't want to get it wet so I took it out before slopping myself into the river,.  and with no where to put it except on the sand.  that's what I did.   Layed it right on the sand and covered it with a rock so it wouldn't blow away.  

Well of course i had every intention of putting it back in my pocket ...but who knew there'd be a body floating down the river to distract me.   

It's not like 85 dollars is nothin to me so back there I went today hoping I could find it.   hoping no one else had found it because the lady who wrote it to me had left the name part blank for me to fill in.   

A thousand beaches.   A hundred thousand  rocks on that one beach.  Fourteen thousand million zillion tons of sand.   But I walked right to it.    It wasn't just laying on the sand covered with a rock anymore though.   It was buried UNDER the sand and i found it.    Yay!!!    I have 85 dollars!!   

One time I burned up a check written for 15 thousand dollars in my wood stove.   That was embarrassing.   

Well... i want to post some pictures of a hike I went on yesterday with Tim Hohs and Lorie Davison but I've got to get my butt in gear and make some ads and stuff for a new kit that's coming out Monday.   Yikes!   holy carumba I've got to GO!   bye!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
I'm glad you found the cheque!
0 | 0
fairydust
i'm glad for you too, but would you mind explaining the "body" part? you kind of skimmed over that...LOL
0 | 0
eryn
OMG yay for the cheque!! that is amazing!! and then wow..hiking with Lorie?? Not sure who Tim is (should I?). But that's awesome!! And then woot!! A new kit on Monday!! WOOT!!
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Talk about a needle in a hay stalk!!! That is really awesome!
Lorie is Lorie Davison and Tim is her hubby.

And yeah, body down the river?? I assume you aren't referring to the ash either.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
ArmyGrl
Woo hoo!  Glad you found your burried treasure!  And you didn't even need a map :
0 | 0
Fifi
Good things happen to good people and y'all is the goodest! Don't spend it all at once!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Story of the body can be found http://www.mischiefcircus.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12039&postcount=10here, just because I'm a smart pants sometimes :
0 | 0
Clementine
Oh yes I mentioned the ... uh... body... when I was jabbering about July 11th.    And guess what?   someone else drowned just a little ways down the river that same day we were there watching them recover that poor guys body.    That makes 5 or 6 drownings on that stretch of the Salmon river since July 4th.   
It's my favorite river., and I've swam across it.  no life jacket.   it's a thrill.    It's so swift and so deep in the middle. and I'm so stupid sometimes.
0 | 0
Clementine
As far as finding the check buried in the sand.    It's not exactly magic.    I was observant when I layed it down.   Next to a nice piece of driftwood.   So when I located that same piece of driftwood I knew the money was supposed to be there.   Only it wasn't in sight any more.   It had gotten covered by sand.   Oh crap... back to work.   bye.
0 | 0
Scrappie Irene
What a story! I'm glad you found it!
0 | 0
Clementine
P.S.   Tim is more than Tim.   He's THE MIGHTY TIM.

Tim Hohs thinks he's the boss.
But she's got him wrapped around her finger like dental floss.
And it's not like Hohs is an albatross.
For she loves him as much as she loves applesauce.
0 | 0
Carinspixels
P.S.   Tim is more than Tim.   He's THE MIGHTY TIM.

Tim Hohs thinks he's the boss.
But she's got him wrapped around her finger like dental floss.
And it's not like Hohs is an albatross.
For she loves him as much as she loves applesauce.

Even more as she loves chocolates?

I can not imagine the things that would have been discusses and invented during that hike.....

Glad you found your check!
0 | 0
Clementine

Hi Carin.    Maybe this will give you a clue.          And all along you thought Lorie Davison was such a good little girl.    

I'm kidding!   After the hike the boys had a beer and a cigar... just to celebrate the fact that they survived.    Lorie was just being a good sport when Tim asked her to ..try it.. you'll like it.
0 | 0
Lorie Davison
Clementine,  Tim loves that song.  

That was my very first cigar and it was good.  To anyone ready to take their first cigar puff I suggest doing it with Coca Cola, they were perfect pals.  

Speaking of honoring our parents wishes, Debbie Cahill (on the bench next to me) took her Dad’s ashes from the wild rivers and mountains of Idaho and sprinkled them off the bleachers of Wrigley Field around the Chicago Cubs’ outfield.  That's probably what Tim and his brother will want too, being Cubs fans.   

Clementine you are a master storyteller.  This is my favorite corner.
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
You can't make this stuff up - and why would you have to with all these incredible adventures.

OMG! I'm so glad we have Clementine & her adventures to keep us company. I love your stories almost as much as I love your storytelling!

bodies, and Lorie and cigars - OH MY!

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
Clementine
Oh Lorie just tell the truth.   You're a king pin for the mafia.  You smoke cigars all the time.
0 | 0
Lisadee
lol ... what a fabulous place to spend some time, I'm having a ball reading through these posts.

PS ... glad you found your cheque
0 | 0
orachel
Dayum, woman! Fifteen thousand dollars. FIFTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! Charred! Woodstove! AAArRRghhh!!! (((rachel runs screaming into the sunset)))

And yes...cigars are fun. I used to practically live at this cigar martini joint in florida...good live blues.  BUT what appeals with a few cocktails in ye does NOT appeal the following day when you wake up with the stank of cigars all over your bad self...AND a hurly nauseous hangover. UUuuggh. Not at all like Lories loverie outdoor puffs. rofl
0 | 0
Clementine
Yes.   fifteen THOUSAND dollars.   burned to ash.   I was horrified.   Well first I was FRANTIC.  looking for it.   But upon retracing every little move I'd made since arriving home with it... there was a sick dawning realization that.. as AbSURD and UNthinkable as it was.... yes I did.   I .  me.  the intelligent one had thrown it in the woodstove along with a pile of ripped open envelopes and other paper trash to be burned.   

I was SICK about it.   I knew i had to inform the writer of said 15 k check.   But I didn't want to.   I was mortified.   Who DOES that!?     Well... I got a replacement check so at least I had the money back.. but with a tarnished reputation as to my money handling ability.   
If we join a club....?   don't volunteer me to be the treasurer.
0 | 0
orachel
rofl....We need to get get tara to make you a 'YES! I burned $15 Thousand Dollars!...ps...I'm NOT the treasurer' blinkie! rofl
0 | 0
Clementine
That was 9-10 yrs. ago.    These days I will drive 60 miles there and back and dig in the sand for 85 dollars.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.