Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Chillin' and Chatter July 11th What a DAY!

July 11th What a DAY!

Clementine

We started out subdued.  coffee on the porch.
0 | 0
Clementine

A half a cup of coffee is all it took for us to start getting goofy.
0 | 0
Clementine

Just a half a cup of coffee and already we're getting goofy.   I hope no one saw this photo a few minutes ago before I deleted my freinds butt out of the photo.   Last night she said to me... I'll pay you money NOT to ever show this photo.   so..  I cut her bum out of it.  phew! and just in time huh?  you didn't see it did you?
0 | 0
Clementine

Onward to do our business.   My sister used the word ..dumping.  then she said that doesn't sound right.   depositing?   ick.  sprinkling?    We had 3 entire bodies to ... what?  dispose of?   oh that's bad.    See my sisters up there waving?   We are at the Rapid River.,., where we  solemnly set the ashes of our mother,  our grandmother and our uncle free into the water so they could find their way back to Germany.
0 | 0
Clementine

Hello!   Little ol me on the Rapid River.  As you can see I don't go anywhere without my camera.  Oh dear, we simply MUSt be happy.   There is so much to cry about in this life.   While I was using my trusty pocketknife to cut open the package which contained the remains of our grandmother,. a beautiful butterfly (what butterfly isn't beautiful?) landed on my little sisters chest.  She was the most upset by what we were doing, and we were convinced that the great spirit was telling us that everything was alright.
0 | 0
Clementine

A moment of reflection.   Life moves along., like a storybook., like a song.
0 | 0
Clementine

Ok.   that's done.    Now let's go swimming!!!    Here's my little sister ... gonna dive right in!!  
I told her she better wait until Mom and Grandma floated out of the way.
0 | 0
Clementine

Here's me.... gonna FALL right in!!
0 | 0
Clementine

We left the Rapid river and moved onto the mighty Salmon river.   I would never have brought chairs to a river!   but they're such city girls.
0 | 0
Clementine

My sister is such a cut up.
0 | 0
Clementine
Well... you won't believe what happened next.    A couple young men came tearing down the trail/road and almost crashed into our parked car.   They had a boat on a trailer and it was clear they wanted our car out of the way PRONTO!    For a second we thought they were soooo rude.   But one of the guys yelled to us...  We Have to get a Body!!!   

I said ...If it's a body... what's the rush?    Boy did i regret that remark.     As the event upfolded .  yes.   they had every reason to be in a rush.    
    Over the fourth of july weekend I think 4 people lost their lives on that river.   One young mans body had not yet been recovered.   Until now.   It was floating swiftly down the river and these search and rescue guys had to get themselves and their boat positioned so they could capture it.  

Gee whiz.  That we would be there for that after what we had just done not an hour earlier.    I don't know.   A sheriff handed me a package with several pairs of rubber gloves and asked me to run it to the rescue boat.    I ran down the beach but the body was coming fast and those boys set off quickly into the water.   They motioned for me to retrieve a shoe that was being carried by the river so I waded in up to my thighs and was able to get it., but they had to leave without their rubber gloves.   

We stayed because... well.... it was interesting to watch..  but soon we were all overcome with a sense of sadness., and  we did not want to be curious morbid spectators any longer,.  because this 29 yr. old man was loved by someone.  And we had done what was asked of us., and we could do nothing more.  So it was time to move on.  and it was time to reflect again., and send out loving vibes to a family who were most likely grieving heavily.     He only wanted to swim across the river.  but he didn't make it.

I have swam across the river.   The current is mighty.   In fact I'm ashamed to admit I encouraged my 12 yr. old daughter to swim across with me.   No life jackets.    I had to keep talking to her.. telling her not to panic.  take deep breaths.  don't panic.      I will swim it again some day soon.   But I repect it more.  I will wear a life jacket.
0 | 0
Clementine

Home again. home again.  jigitty jig.      Life continually speaks to us.,  all we have to do is listen.   I was so happy to get home and see this young man there.  .  *My*  29 yr. old son Day.   And the horse Zipper who wandered in and wants to hang out with us.    And Rover the big lovable Newfiedoodle.
0 | 0
Clementine

It's been quite a day.   Hello.   I love you.  
I laugh a lot.   Because... well it's *not* because I am a ditzy dumb bell.  who's UNaware of how rough this world we live on is.    I am very aware.   I can see it in my own eyes.   there is a sadness in them always.   Yes,.  life on this planet is rough.   and it is precarious.  . but it's also beautiful.    
Each moment is a gift that should not be wasted.    If compassion is something to have and hold ..who would have more compassion then a person who has suffered?   So perhaps there is value in suffering.  If the joy of life is something to attain..  who would
celebrate  more then a person who has experienced much dark despair?    We're not here long.  

So many people have a hard time accepting a gift.   I used to be that way.   But I figured out that if you refuse to accept a gift you are robbing someone of the joy of giving.    My freind Holly yesterday had a hard time accepting a beautiful necklace I made.  until I told her that.  

God has given us a tremendous gift.   The gift of life.   What better way to show our gratefulness for this gift but to be happy.  no matter what.   Because the gift of life never ends.   so no matter what happens.   what tragedy takes place.   . it all works out.   life goes on.   We will meet again.  on the grand adventureous road to paradise.
0 | 0
orachel
Aaaaw...Clementine. I know this to be true. I always tried to be a good person, and have never had a cakewalk life, but i became much more compassionate and empathetic when my life went down the crapper over health issues. So yes...i believe that if a person experiences suffering they can go down one of two paths. They can become embittered and never again acknowledge the beauty that still exists all around them or see any joy in anything, or they can recognize that sometimes the most fleeting pleasures are those most deeply felt. Ok..now i'm sniffling. And you've given me quite a gift today in making me think about this. I try not to be all 'woe is me', but sometimes its easier than others to silence those voices...you've helped me remember some goodness and beauty, so thanks, hon. And WHAT a glorious animal! Well, all of you are glorious, but i meant the horse.
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Clem, I just wanted to duck in here and say how touching and funny and touching and HILARIOUS and thought provoking and touching (yeah, third time a charm) this was to read this morning.  Well, my morning, your evening.    thanks for taking us there with you.
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
What a day!  I'm both happy and sad for you.  Sad for you losses, happy that carried out their wishes and had some joy in that.

I must remember about the gifts.  My husband is terrible at accepting gifts.  He takes them and then puts them down and never uses them or looks at them again.  The saddest part is that when he was a child, his mother used to do the same to him and while he remembers that pain, he can't seem to understand that he is doing the same thing to his own child.
0 | 0
Fifi
Dear sweet Clem, I was so thrilled to make your CT....I am even more thrilled to have the chance to know and appreciate you, the person.  I love your thoughts and pictures and the way you deal with life.  I can appreciate how you deal with the highs and lows of life, and yes, we both know that moving on is the important thing, not to become bitter but to live life as we know it and enjoy it.  To love friends and family alike.  Thank you for the inspiration.
0 | 0
LauraPM
wow, you are an amazing person, Clementine.
0 | 0
eryn
Wow that was lovely to read. I'm sorry for what you had to do today, and am happy that you were able to make the most of it. And wow what an interesting experience afterwards.
0 | 0
Mish
Clem... what a wonderful way to make a sad experience truly breathtakingly beautiful!  You have a beautiful, gentle soul Clementine. Thank you so much for sharing your bittersweet day with us. Such a precious memory to treasure.
0 | 0
Clementine
Blue hair!  Blue hair is awesome!    One of my boys did all kinds of things with his hair all during his school days.   A mohawk that was spiked and glued to stand maybe 8 inches  high and colored on the ends was one hairdo.   Most I liked.   but Some were horrendous and I could hardly stand to look at it.   

OH and I forgot to mention,.. I was his hairdresser!    I dyed it and I fried it.  I did what he asked.   One time after he got tired of his looooong hair he had me shave his head but leave a two inch circle of hair growing right out of his forehead.  It was awful.   Sometimes it just hung there in his face and sometimes he'd put hair glue on it and make it stand up and out.   It didn't matter what he did with it,. it was hard to look at,  but I knew it wouldn't be there forever.  

Another time when he got tired of his long hair he started making dred locks.   Now I LIKED the dred locks.   they were cool.   But when he got tired of the dred locks he had me shave them off.   but not ALL of them.   Which meant, instead of a clear cut...  ha ha.. i did what we call in the forestry business.... a Selective Cut.   When I got done with his wishes he had the most gawdawful hairdo on earth.   With just a few dred locks here and there on his shaved head it looked like he had fat worms growing out of his skull.

I was his mother for crying out loud!  why did I let him DO these things with his head? I was asked that a couple times.  

My thoughts on this are simple.   As beautiful as it is,. this world is still a wild and dangerous place especially for the people who lack experience.... our children.    It was so important to me that my children respect what I had to tell them about life that I didn't dare waste my breath lecturing them on what to do with their own bodies.   If it wasn't dangerous it wasn't important.    Oh I'd warn them.   For instance my daughter and her tatooes.    I said I  hope you understand that it will be there on your skin even on the days when you wish you'd had a picture of it painted and hanging on your wall instead.   She has 3 tatooes that she wishes were pictures hanging on her wall.   ha ha.  oh well.
0 | 0
ginamichelle1111
Hi Clem! Wow I don't know how you did what you did with such a sad experience! What a story to hear! I love your photos. You live in such a glorious place!! I am so happy to know you and be on your team!! Hugs!!! Gina XO
0 | 0
ArmyGrl

We left the Rapid river and moved onto the mighty Salmon river. I would never have brought chairs to a river! but they're such city girls.

Gives a whole new meaning to soggy bottoms (snicker).

What a glorius place to sit and be with nature....mmmm...until bodies go floating by....gosh, that could be an introduction to Bones (the T.V. series).
0 | 0
Clementine
Here's the deal.    If my body went floating by my sisters  sitting in lawn chairs on a river...  I swear to God and he knows it's true.... I hope they laugh.   I hope they stand up and say ..what th?  huh?   looks like her swimming lessons didn't go so well.
0 | 0
Clementine
Actually the truth is...   I know my sisters *would* laugh............eventually.   I wouldn't fault them if they shed a few tears too.,  it's hard not to sometimes.    But we've been through a lot together,.. I guess some dysfunctional families crank out really funny people.,  probably their way of coping.      I think ALL families are dysfunctional to some degree.    What a world!
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
A friend of mine is going to have three of these babies made from her remains:  http://www.lifegem.com/

apparently you can make up to three (in her case, hubby, son, daughter) so I'd need to clone my mother first seeing as there are six of us kids.  ;)

One of my sisters is donating her organs to science and then cremating the rest.  There aren't many of my family that are cremated, although my father in law is in a flowerbed in England - the crematorium's idea of scattering his ashes in a garden was to dig a hole and dump the ashes in it.  Why not have just put him in a wall or buried him I wondered.  I'd much rather have taken him to a place that was special for him and given him rest there.

I think you did a wonderful thing, you and your sisters, Clem.  And I'm glad you got a laugh out of it - it is so very healing to laugh in hard times.
0 | 0
Clementine
Hi Gina.   Actually the experience wasn't sad... because we refused!  to go there in our heads.   We've had enough of that.  All of us girls.   Our mother made us all nut cases.  We loved her and she took advantage of our love.   Only because she didn't know any better so she is forgiven.    But ... I can speak for my sisters on this because I know it is true.. she caused us to suffer and cry enough for 3 whole lifetimes all rolled into this half life we've had so far.   So we've had enough.   Our thoughts can no longer be allowed to go to those places that will make us cry over our mother.     We wished her no harm.  We wished her to be happy!    but many times we also begged God to get her off this planet and away from us.   So.... yikes... that in itself has the potential to do a big number on us.,  so we have to be careful these days...   Careful not to allow the past to ruin the present.
0 | 0
Clementine
    Woo hoo!   we're having fun now!  aren't we?   I wonder what Holly thinks.  

Holly:  I'll make a place called Clementines Corner so we can confine that girls mouth to one spot and not clog up the whole damn site.   She's a gooball so maybe it will be fun.  

Clementine:    hmm... what should we talk about ... ?       

I've got it!   death.   We'll talk about death.   

I gotta go!   Tim and Lorie insisted I go on a major hike with them today.  They've been trying to hook me up with Larry for a couple years now.  and he will be going too.   Bye!   hope the battery on my camera is charged enough.
0 | 0
Fifi
Clem, you are such a nut, but who doesn't love a nut!  Especially a nut who chats about death, but hey, that's a part of life.  Fine with me!  Have had a bit of experience with that of late and I'm still kickin' and laughin'.    Best way to go, a little black humor can put you in a good mood now and then!   I think Kira would have made a great "gem"  a la Edeena's friends' idea, but don't think I'm quite ready for that one.  Keeping her at home and will scatter her somewhere out west someday when the time is right for our little dysfunctional family.  Thanks for the chuckles!
0 | 0
Clementine
Yes., Fif.   I know what ya mean.   I wouldn't dare touch the subject with a ten foot pole if i didn't have plenty of uncommon experience with it.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.