Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Inspiration Studio Your very FIRST digital layout

Your very FIRST digital layout

naughtsncrosses
I can't show you my first real life scrap page because it was disposed of shortly after I finished with it... BUT I can show you my first digital layout.  Yes, I haven't deleted it out of the gallery I first posted it!  An achievement, you'll agree - especially after you see it!  ;)

I am often intimidated by the art I see here.  I'm not seeking any ego boosts here (let me link you up to my gallery!  ;) ) but I find it hard to remember that everyone is at a different level to me and I should never compare myself with them.

I LOVE knowing that every single person that I admire had to start somewhere.  Somewhere, in their past (perhaps not so distant) is one of these babies... lurking, lurking and a reminder to them of how far they've come.

In my very early days of digital scrapping I used to deliberately seek early pages so that I could see where these amazing scrappers started.  There are a lot of people who delete these early pages - maybe they're ashamed, maybe they're just cleaning their files up.  Whatever the reason, I think it's a shame that we can't all be inspired by their humble beginnings and TAKE HOPE!

So.  You ready?  Here is my very first digital scrapbook page:

I look at this now and think... what WAS I thinking?  I remember matching the colours of this kit (the designer is now retired) to the colours in my photos.  I didn't know my scrapping program (Lumapix FotoFusion) very well AT ALL and things were very blocky and horrid.  But you know, it gives me a wonderful sense of accomplishment that I got better.  Thank heavens!

If you're game, show us your first digital layout!  Expect no ridicule here, just support and friendship.  :
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
There's nothing wrong with your first page.  It follows the principles of design.
I posted my first page already, it's somewhere around here in one of the threads, LOL.  Let me see if I can find it.   Found it!  

I remember I was so proud of myself for changing the zero into a belt buckle and managing to do shadows on see thru ribbon without the ribbon going black and doing the selective colouring.  This was way back in May 2004 or was it 2005?  I can't remember.
0 | 0
eryn
this is my first digi LO. I made this when I disovered brushes. I had no idea that digiscrapping existed so I scanned some BG (shhhh) and made this page!

0 | 0
Unica
My first digi page from early 2007... so wrong in so many levels lol

0 | 0
MissB
This is one of my firsts ... my favourite.  
0 | 0
Hollie
2371 Posts
That's a first MissB?!?!? Wow. I love it!

Here is mine.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
Two Dresses Studio
These are so interesting to me - and fun to look back!  Sometimes it's difficult to measure artistic growth or how/when/where we become influenced!
0 | 0
Clementine
One of my first digital creations.   We discovered that Cedar the big bad dog was deathly afraid of birds.    Some freinds of ours have a pet parrot that they like to let loose from it's cage.  It walks around the house saying  -Here puppy puppy-.  
On one overnight visit to these peoples house Greg was taking a shower and Cedar almost broke the door down trying to get in the bathroom with him.   When he opened the door to check out the ruckus he saw that the parrot had Cedar cornered
while it sang - Here puppy.  Here puppy puppy-.   Cedar was frantic and hasn't liked birds since then.   I made this little card for my boyfriend Greg.   That's him and Cedar taking a nap on the floor together.
0 | 0
Clementine
0 | 0
Clementine
P.S.   that Godfather layout is soooooo funny!    I love that man.
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Hollie, that takes me back, looks like we started around the same time.

It's funny, but sometimes I can see from people's first pages when they started.  I think they are all great.
0 | 0
Tara
LOL! I agree Karin, totally. It's funny how we can tell when others started hey. LOL! I need to dig my discs up and find my first one because I can't for the life of me find my first in the digital gallery at Designs In Digital. LOL!
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
I just love that so many of us still have our first layouts posted around the place - or at least easy to hand.  I can't wait to see yours, Tara.  

I love them ALL!  It's so fun seeing them grace our screens again!!

Miss B, do you EVER have a bad layout?  That's an amazing first page.
0 | 0
Scrappie Irene
This is my first (July 2007) with a freebie kit from Ashley Bailey at Digital Divas Designs:
0 | 0
Fifi
I so agree, it's a real treat to see these, all of them!  However, MissB, that is outrageous for a first, but then, you are you!  I"m checking what's left, hoping to luck out, I do remember doing my birds and Jordyn, my GD, one kind of witchy, one matching blues to her outfit!  Will keep looking.
0 | 0
tanteva
Here's my first digital layout - made in May 2005:

And in December 2007 it was a challenge at a forum to redo your first layout, so here's the remake:

0 | 0
Mish
This is my first LO.... all the way back from 1999!!! LOL!!!   I made almost everything... papers, vellum, etc.  It always amazes me to see where I started & where I am now.  Love seeing that in people's galleries too!

0 | 0
LauraPM
I don't have my first digital LO but here is the first on I did on PSE. I had finished about half of the DVD tutorial, and as you can see I had just learned about stamps, LOL! I figured out on my own how to extract, but not very well, as you can see by the white bits I missed near the date and the odd gaps in Bob's fur. I was so happy with it, how funky it was with the giant cat head and the stamps that reminded me of a dollar bill, like a giant fuzzy George Washington or something, LOL!

I couldn't figure out how to shadow the letters so I made two layers instead.

I still like it because it reminds me of how happy this made art form made me, so that is what I see first when I look at it, and then all my mistakes second.

0 | 0
Fifi
I don't have my very first either, those went up in smoke, but somehow this one survived on the trashed computer drive!  Did it in June or July of 2007 when I was still learning what was what using PSE 4, I remember spending hours looking for how to do things and haunting bookstores for information about digi and uploading, etc.  It was therapy at the time and this is Kira's best friend, Christina.  They were like sisters.  I still like it even tho it's not the greatest.
0 | 0
pankerbelle
This was my very first extraction, and prolly the 5th or so LO I did after I started using digi

This gallery link has the LO's from my first couple of months, If anybody has time to look feel free to leave me some tips here based on what you see there.

http://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/photopost/u11132-pankerbelle.htmlhttp://www.scrapbookgraphics.com/photopost/u11132-pankerbelle.html

Thanks Thanks Thanks
Melissa
0 | 0
Angel Jet
OMG Melissa: the Godfather is your first?!?!?!? Well, we all know where you stand now.

My first page is horrible. I remember I was so proud because I was just scrapping for 2 weeks and I replied to a OKC. And I yelled from the rooftops when I could scrap with this collab kit.

0 | 0
madigirl
Love seeing all the layouts, I can't find my very first page, so here's the first one in a online gallery (probably a month after I made my first page, and It's not even in my own gallery since I shared an account with my mom at that time)

http://ozone.oscraps.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6102&title=daughter&cat=873
0 | 0
pankerbelle
OMG Melissa: the Godfather is your first?!?!?!? Well, we all know where you stand now.

My first page is horrible. I remember I was so proud because I was just scrapping for 2 weeks and I replied to a OKC. And I yelled from the rooftops when I could scrap with this collab kit.

HAHAHA thats very flattering but my LO is not The Godfather lol that would belong to Miss B. My LO was the one with the chocolate Lab.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.