Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Chillin' and Chatter I am NOT grateful for . . .

I am NOT grateful for . . .

Tumble Fish Studio
gum in the clothes dryer . . . . after it's run for a good HOT hour

(can you guess what I'll be doing today?
0 | 0
Fifi
Oh, where do I start?!?  my husband's eternal mess spread all over the kitchen table AND his supposed work area and in front of the deck doors and....(but I'm glad I still have him!)
...keeping Poogie's litter box clean, eeeeewwww!
...power outages that keep me from the computer (yesterday for more than 4 hours!
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Oh not fun, Marsha!!!

Fifi, my hubby is that way too. And god forbid I move something!!!!!
...spider duty. The buggars are trying to encase our house!!!! No joke.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
glitterbug
That's not bad marsha.  How about melted crayon?  And who do you think would put crayons into their pocket and then put their jacket in the wash?  My 8 year old son, you say?  NOOOoooooo.....my DH did that to me.  White and yellow crayon all over my nice dark load of clothes.  After scrubbing my little fingers off for 2 hours, I finally got it all out.
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Man, I hate it when tissues are in the washing machine... I can't begin to imagine where you start to get rid of chewy or crayons.  Unless you start with a couple of executions (of the troublemakers) and go from there.
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
Well, there is oil in gum and red food coloring as it was cinnamon, so it has ruined one load of clothes and has now taken us about 3 hours to clean all the goo out of the dryer so it doesn't ruin anymore.  Of course, they were grays and light blues and khaki shorts so the red oily stains really stand out.  They were mostly my son's clothes and most were new so he will have to wear khaki shorts with red spots I guess.
0 | 0
Fifi
Marsha,  you could turn those shorts into a work of art with a few "accidental" paint splats!  Edeena, my hubby is the KING of left over tissues (and not only in his clothes!), is it really so hard to remember to take them out, well yeah, I guess so for him. And Glitterbug, I think your guy needs a little retraining!   And Hollie, spiders!  once after a big rain I went downstairs for a drink, switched on the hall light...and froze...hundreds (well it seemed like it!) of tiny little spidies dangling and moving up and down from the ceiling with me in their midst!  I ran for the vacuum cleaner to suck them all up, eeeewwww!!!
0 | 0
eryn
ahhh! spiders dangling around me would be hell!! So would crayon or chewie in the wash!

I am not grateful for the destruction in my house by bunnies. Pepper has chewed through one too many cords and eaten too much carpet so they are going to a new home tomorrow. :(

I am also not grateful for this cold that just won't go away. Of course it might help if I laid off the coffee a little and went to bed at a reasonable hour!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Ugh on the chewing gum!

Fifi and Hollie, I have a husband like that too and yet, somehow, according to him, it's all mine and our daughter's stuff.  I have a beautiful square dining table that sits 8 and in the entire 7 years we have lived with it, we have used it four or five times.  Husband keeps all his tax records on it.  Sadly, child has taken after father and she too has mess spread everywhere.  It defeats me, it really does.
0 | 0
orachel
fyi, though it sounds like its much much too late! rofl Best thing to get rid of the sticky part of gum is ice...but heck, sounds like you've got the cinnamony oily mess on everything too. So sorry hon! That bites. Bigtime.

Um...yeah...i've got one of those lives that is best handled in small doses...I'd say i'm NOT grateful for the evil cells in my body that have decided to rebel against all that is good and holy. Ragginbastinglipflippin' (that was my yosemite sam..digistyle! lol) Anyhoo...were it not for them i would be in a MUUUCH different place in the here and now...but then again, I probably would not be here with all of you, so i guess we must take the blessings with a big ole' dollup of 'oh HELL no!'. Life. Isn't it just GRAND?! rofl

And yes..hollie..I don't know what it is about la area and the spiders, but that was a HUGE issue when we lived there. You need to invest in one of those good sonic noise things that keep bugs away..not the $20 variety..but there are ones that actually work and work well. That'll keep the little 8 legged creepies at bay! Least you don't have scorpions like poor Tangie! rofl Glow in the dark ones! lol
0 | 0
ArmyGrl
Oh, where do I start?!? my husband's eternal mess spread all over the kitchen table AND his supposed work area and in front of the deck doors and....(but I'm glad I still have him!)

Ha! I wonder if our hubbies are related...
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Lisa, I think it's a class they take - Household Slobbery 101.  And when you have a family, they take the refresher - Teach Your Children Slobbery 202.

Ha! I wonder if our hubbies are related...
0 | 0
ROFL - tooo true, sadly!!!
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
So funny, Edeena.

When I met Nick, it was a wonder I didn't run. He borders on packrat. Ever surface of his house was cover in crap, layered in 3" of dust. It has taken me 3 years to declutter but it's still a battle. Everytime I clear a counter or table he feels duty bound to put random stuff back on it. The thing with him is if he puts something down that's where it goes to live in his mind. Me? I don't think that a 15" wrench, a bottle of gorilla glue and bills from 3 years ago really need to be kept on the sofa....but that's just me.
Hollie
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Ooh and did I mention that we have 2 full size skeletons and every HO scale train model from the 70s on the kitchen floor? Yeah.
Hollie
0 | 0
finecraft
I don't know what is worse.....husband's attached to inside clutter, or one like mine who collect so much junk outside (every garden tool known to man, every empty milk jug we've generated since the 70's, millions of tools that he absolutely needs when he sees them in the store but never uses, the list could go on and on) In fact, I had to make him build a 8-foot tall fence along the back of our driveway to hide his clutter so our house wouldn't look like the Beverly Hillbillies live here when people drive by!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Evelyn, I can tell you what's worse - one that does both, like mine.  He too is a tool fiend.  

Edeena, that is certainly true in our household.  

It's weird for me because my dad was a neat freak.  He did housework and he cooked and he did the laundry.  

Hollie, Ed sounds like Nick.  He puts something down for 'just a minute' and it's still there weeks and years later if I don't move it.
0 | 0
Fifi
So makes me happy to know we can all bond over messy DHs and families and it even extends to some grandkids!  But I may have you all beat, I call my husband's car THE SWINEMOBILE, for obvious reasons!  Sometimes, if'n we go somewhere in his "vehicle" and I actually get in it, there has to be a cleaning session so I can sit, and that's not taking into consideration the unholy mess of records, books, bags, found treasures, receipts, secret goodies, etc., all jumbled together in the back, it's a minivan, oh, and more records, cds and tapes of course.  But I love him, well, most of the time!  I love everyone's comments!
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
Evelyn, I can tell you what's worse - one that does both, like mine.  He too is a tool fiend.  

Edeena, that is certainly true in our household.  

It's weird for me because my dad was a neat freak.  He did housework and he cooked and he did the laundry.  

Hollie, Ed sounds like Nick.  He puts something down for 'just a minute' and it's still there weeks and years later if I don't move it.

I am in the exact same situation!  I have thought for a 22 years of marriage that maybe there is something to the Midwest "work ethic" as I am from the Midwest and married a 3rd generation California boy and there's a big difference in work and work at home.   My dad worked very hard as a biologist for the government and came home and worked very hard on the house and yard.  My mom too.   My experience with CA people (as much as I love them for other quirky reasons) is that they go to work and then just play - let the chores and house and yard kinda go until they feel like it or pay others to do the work and their work is never as good as the "owner's" might or should be.   I feel like I have to work 20 hour days between my own stuff and keeping the house and yard up to my standards and no one else here cares a hoot.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.