Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Tips and Tutorials Printing Digital art

Printing Digital art

ann
I have PSE11  and want to print out some digital Art for Christmas cards.
I wondered if anyone could advise me what is the best paper to use and what photo setting are the best.

Thank you.
0 | 0
Ann, it depends on what look you want. If you like a gloss or semi-gloss finish, I'd use photo paper set on best photo. If you like a matte finish, brochure or cardstock will work for you. It's heavier than regular computer paper. Since it is more porous than photo paper I usually set my printer for regular photo instead of best photo. I hope this helps!!
0 | 0
ann
Thank you Sandi.  I have been playing around and experimenting with different papers etc, also my printer is a canon mp610 I only use canon inks and papers so I get the best quality
So I think when I do a digital page I need to save it as maximum Quality in PSE11 also I am trying to get my head around PNG and JPG files which is the best for printing.
I sent away and had some cards made professionally   I sent JPG, I wasn't sure whether to send JPG or PNG.
0 | 0
You have to save your finished work as a JPG to print. I save my finished pieces as a PSD(Photoshop Document), a JPG, and a web copy for sharing in the gallery. PNG is more for individual elements or if you make a cluster or something.
0 | 0
ann
Sandi I so appreciate you taking the time to help, I watch U-tubes on PSE trying to learn but I think in some cases it gets me totally confused lol.
I printed out 2 photos and like you said I found standard was better quality than best photo ( I wonder why )!!!
0 | 0
I think it is just a matter of how much ink your paper absorbs. They all seem to handle it a little differently. Glad if I helped you any!
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.