Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Chillin' and Chatter Where to find single men

Where to find single men

Clementine
I always heard that a store was a good place to meet men.  hmmm

My friend Sue has been dating this guy for 3 months.   They met at the only grocery store in town.
She was in the pudding isle, arms laden with stuff when  a box of instant  pudding slipped from her hand and dropped to the floor.   She bent over to pick it up and while down there noticed someone behind  checking out her  butt, so she said under her armpit.."hello,. do i know you?"     The beginning of romance.

A couple weeks ago Sue and I were in town and I said i needed to run across the street and get something at the store.   She called after me "Hang out in the pudding isle!"

I met a man at the thrift store this past winter.    I was so attracted to him.  We both stopped in our tracks and attempted to make small talk.   I was so  flustered I could barely make complete sentences.     I couldn't get out of there quick enough for I was sure I seemed like a goofball with a speech impediment.  

Then early in the spring I saw him again..getting out of a pickup truck and heading into "the only grocery store in town".   My heart skipped a beat and I vowed not to let him get away this time even though the outfit I was wearing was a comical mess.   I had a denim skirt on.  it wasn't bad.   but I was also wearing cowboy boots.    not bad either.   but ..and I hate to admit this fashion faux pas.. It was kinda  cold so I had on some stupid maroon colored knee high socks too.   A clownish ensemble that should have stayed on the farm.

No matter!   The dream man was in the store and I had to make my move!.    Right up there by the cash registers for all the people in town to see I again acted like a nervous moron.., but he managed to ask for my phone number and actually called me that very evening.     To tell me that he was very attracted to me but he was still in a relationship.   The relationship was on it's way out the door but not quite,  so it was a no go for us.   Great. Ok.  bye.    (why ask for my number then?)

The other day I was in the thrift store and there was this tall good looking man in there milling around and I wondered to myself if the lord would allow lightening to strike twice for me.  :-)   Having  learned from the past I very quickly ascertained whether or not he was single.  

It went like this:  Me, pointing to a strange metal thing in his hands: "What are you going to use *that* for?"   Him:  "To put on the bottom of a canner."  Me: "what are you canning?  peaches? (they're in season now)"   Him:  "We've been canning tomatoes."

Okay there you have it.  didn't take much time to know that *he* was a *we*.   Duly noted. and I asked "Where are *you guys* from?"  to signal that i got the message.   He answered "Payette".   Okay bye.

Then later I saw a woman near him and thought I'd continue being friendly because I was on a coffee high.   I looked at stuff next to her then blurted out  "Are you from Payette too?"     Her complete audio answer was  "Yes."    That's it.  no more.   Except........

If looks could kill I'd be dead right now.     Her mouth said one word but the message I received was this.   "Yes, i'm from Payette and what's it to you you filthy little whore!?   I saw you talking to my husband for one whole minute and if you get near him again I'm going to slam your face into the nik naks and mop the floor with your stringey hair before I pull it all out!"  

There was no saving myself with wit and charm.   I stood there for an eternal 30 seconds  then  had to slink away to the clothing section.    Ladies who have a man for a pet.   Make him wear a collar with an ID tag. or ..  A ring for crying out loud.   Single women *look* for that on a guy.
0 | 0
January
Clem Clem Clem - you make me laugh!!!!  Do you keep forgetting all the things you have to DO to have a man around? Cook - Clean - Play Nice - and thats BESIDES all the stuff you do without one - how many have actually "helped" you out around your place? When in doubt - ask Sue - she will certainly tell you how to get and keep a man - it cant be that hard to become a doormat!
0 | 0
suslyn
SO sorry! how embarrassing. My BFF met a guy and has her first date with him ... gee I guess she's on it now. Sure hope they're having a nice time.

They met at an outdoor concert/fair.

Better luck next time!
0 | 0
LarryJames
My Motto: "first time for love; second time for money."  
You get to an age where the pond gets smaller and the quality fish have already swum upstream and spawned. That's why I avoid the pitfall of ponds and the bottom feeders lurking waiting to latch onto a fine catch like any one of us!
0 | 0
Clementine
Oh cynical ones.     Even so,.  I am looking forward to one more great disastrous love affair before I kick the bucket.    Larry!   so glad *you're* still kicking!  
Suslyn I'm looking forward to hearing how your BFF's date turned out.  

On the way to McCall today I saw what looked like a small wedding ceremony in the rain.    January it was in that beautiful meadow on the old homestead going up GooseCreek Canyon.   The couple were wrapped in a soggy blanket kissing each other while a photographer took pictures and there were about 6 brave people standing out there with  them in the pouring rain.   Was very romantic.  

When i got home me and the dogs  went for a  3 mile run-- my daughter is inspiring me with her fanatical jogging.    At 2 miles the endorphin high kicked in and if it weren't for my aching ankles, hips and knees I think I could have jogged all night.   Along the way I came across an expired deer.   Probably hit by a car poor thing.  It was not very big.   I finished the run then went back with car and managed to wrestle the deer into the back.
Yes, it was kinda gross.   I'm a vegetarian.    But still.. i dragged it into my field and my dogs are happy about it.    anyway..... that's what i did today.    Anyone else want to share their day???
0 | 0
January
That wedding DOES sound romantic - in the pouring rain in that beautiful meadow! I hope they have a happily ever after!!  Have you in any of your weddings? Has your daughter? Have I? No No NO! Your right Larry - marry for money - I would if I could find someone with (enough) money....yes yes yes!  Well maybe!

My dog and I went for a hike in the rain - no running for this girl - but I saw and took pictures of a new kind of woodpecker Ive never seen before - cant do that while running! Arent your doggies going to smell bad?????
0 | 0
suslyn
My dog would have smelled bad -- she'd have rolled in it for sure!  No news yet on the date. Just know that they're doing a sushi place. I'll keep you posted :
0 | 0
Clementine
Rain RAin RaiN.    I washed 3 blankets and hung them on the line.    For days they've been getting rained on.    Maybe they'll get snowed on next and I can leave them hanging there all winter.    
The dogs and some magpies are taking nourishment from the deer's body.   and I gave thanks to the little deer who used to inhabit it.   And  I acknowledged the Great Spirit in charge of those things.
0 | 0
January
Ive left things hanging all winter before - by spring theyve rotted and then you can just throw them away - the sun is supposed to shine on Tuesday - so if you love your blankets - bring them in that night and finish drying them by the stove - its also going to freeze that night. We need some Indian-summer here!
0 | 0
Clementine
The blankets have been retrieved.    The deer has been thieved.     Our little friends the coyotes came and carted off the deer.   They deserve it.    I thought big bad Moses would guard it with his life.  He's such a jerk sometimes.   I just tried to go for a bike ride but big fat Moses picked a fight with a neighbor dog just a half mile into it.  So I turned around and we came home.    Last week he tried to (pick a fight) with some other neighbors free range chickens.     Kids.  Dogs.  Men.  Cats too maybe.   They're messy and their trouble.
0 | 0
suslyn
The date went well :)  She and her daughter went to the church he attends the next a.m. and saw him there too. The kid was part of the team who helped start the church and the fam has gone there on and off, so it wasn't a too obvious 'wanna see you again'. Or was it? Oh and he rides a big harley, is a huge fan of the blues and is a contractor foreman. At least if things work out she'll have somebody around next time there's a leak in the roof.
0 | 0
LarryJames
Clem and January - you both lead such amazing lives! Somehow living so close to nature as you both do is inspiring but scares the bezeezees out of "city-boy" Larry. Here in my neck of the woods, it is considered déclassé to have a clothesline never mind hanging one's sheets out to dry! Alas, that is the sad part of urbanity as I remember my mother hanging out the laundry in all seasons even when it was -30F and then she'd iron everything including our underwear as well.

And yes, kids, dogs, men, cats and even the occasional woman are messy sometimes. I think looking for love is pointless because you're a magnet for all the wrong reasons. My biggest fault is not making an effort to get out and meet people -- cause sitting home alone certainly isn't conducive to having potential dates knocking each other out of the way to ring my doorbell!
But I digress, back to my point about laundry. My mom was a widow with 5 kids when she was 46. When I asked her why she never re-married her response was that "she wasn't going to wash any smelly old man's underwear." And she never did and I think was ok without all the baggage of having a husband.
Now that I've thoroughly exhausted that train of thought, here too in Vancouver, we've had weeks of torrential rain after a summer of unusual hot, dry weather. I've noticed my newly implanted aortic pig valve has a curious side effect. With all this rain, I have a weird urge to roll around and wallow in mud puddles. Life's strange sometimes.
0 | 0
Clementine
I think its romantic and fun that she went to church and got to see him again.. unless he was trying to hide from her and then that would be uncomfortable.    January's and my  friend Sue.. (ha ha January I'm kidding about her being *your* friend)   anyway.. Sue is so bold and most likely sooo desperate to be married again and again and again... that she chases men down and they all want to run away from her soon.. except  the stupid ones who stay end up wanting to kill her after awhile and I'm not using that word *kill* lightly.   I mean they want to kill her after awhile.    She's had guns pointed at her by two husbands.    Oh to my point Suslyn ... against my good advice she went to this mans church and sat in the 'f"ing front row so he could not miss her while he was playing the piano.   After he got through playing he walked right past her and sat somewhere else.   She about  died of hurt and embarrassment.   I warned her it was too soon to try to claim him in public.     He dumped the holy heck out of her because she was soooooooo pushy and bossy and domineering and desperate and  and and and.    Sorry Sue if you're reading this... it's time you knew.   :-)
Larry,.  I hesitate to ask .. but you don't oink now do you?

I forgot to mention.. Sue was the *only* person in the front pew.  the only one.   So it wasn't like she got lost in a sea of faces.   He really was trying to avoid her.    Suslyn,  I hope your bff will have way more fun then that.   I hope she and he are floating on air and living off of the love drug.  

Larry I think it is so amazing that you were able to get patched up that way.    In the olden days you would'a been a goner.     I'm happy for you.
0 | 0
January
Your so funny Larry - I actually did wallow in the mud the other day - not out of choice mind you - I had to take the irregation dam out because the creek was just about at flood stage - by the time I was done 4 hours later - I looked like an abominable mudman - probably smelled like one too.

Clem - Sues my friend - at least to my face - its just the lies she tells to other people about me that makes you say that!
0 | 0
suslyn
Ouch! Poor Sue! Course it does sound like she brings it on herself. I look back way too often at things I brought down on myself and cringe. How is that I still have friends?

Well some of us do live and learn -- trying to be one in that category.

And, yes, my BFF has a lot of class, so I'm thinking it would work okay :) Here's what she posted:  

Larry, do resist the mud urges til you're completely healed! :) xox
0 | 0
Clementine
That guy looks good on the Harley!    and then of course to throw in the baby pic...... tough road warrior becomes the all round soft hearted good guy.     they know how to impress the ladies don't they?  

When i was a teen I was taken for a ride on a motorcycle and my ankle got burned on whatever the heck is down there that can burn a person.   exhaust pipe?  who knows but it sure kept me off them for a long time.    

Then a logger took me for a ride on his Harley several  years back.   I think he was showing off , or maybe he just wanted me to hold onto him , but anyway he went very fast and it scared the holy bleep out of me.   I erased him from my little black phone number book (he was the only one on it)    

Even though I'm just plain ol afraid of big motorcycles, the guy i had a crush on this spring rides a Harley and so  what do I do?   I bought a nice pair of black leather motorcycle pants at a yard sale... because I was all twitterpated and thinking I'd impress him with how cool I am, and cautiously willing to go for a little ride.   but it was all for naught because it turned out he was not single.   whaaa.   Silly silly girl.    

Now i have black leather motorcycle pants and a brand new black leather motorcycle jacket that my daughter got tired of.   and knee high black leather *lineman* boots.  I'm ready to cruise!.. but where will I cruise to?     To the one grocery store in town?   and on what shall I cruise?   My lime green "Townie"  bicycle?
0 | 0
January
When I was young - before I got married the first time - every guy I new had a harley - they werent "bikers" just rode bikes - they were way way cool - and even though my feet wouldnt touch the ground - I even drove one once on a curvy mountain highway - FUN!  Now I just have a closet full of biker jackets - hand painted bikler jackets - we could play dress-up Clem - not as much fun as "riding" but hey!  OR - we could go to the Weiser Fiddle Contest next year - bikes everywhere you turn - and maybe I could sell this closet full of coats! And Larry.....we EXPECT you well enough to get there next June!
0 | 0
suslyn
That sounds fun! Y'all get some good pics of the three ofyou!

The DH and I did our honeymoon on motorcycle in the Auvergne (mountains, extinct volcanoes and lots of cheese). It was August ... we frozeour butts off, burnt to a crisp and got seriously wet. One night we arrived at our hotel, the booking for which we had confirmed earlier that evening), only to find that they had given away the room and they were full up. So there we were in the rain. Me sitting on a curb and the DH trying to find a hotel (we were in the middle of nowhere). Finally the dude let us sleep in the attic! LOL At least it was dry.

I took a pic of the back of his helmet as it's what I saw most of on the trip, and I learned how to read as we drove (I'm always reading).
0 | 0
January
Funny!!!  I went for a bike ride once on the first NICE day in March - it was probably about 80 degrees - so I had on little tank top and we rode up the mountain to Lake Tahoe - then since it was such a nice day we continued on to Sacramento - it was early evening when we headed back and there was still about 8 feet of snow on the mountain - we had to ride 100 miles back to Reno with no coats - and yes - I was sunburned too - I dont think Ive EVER been so cold in my life!!!
0 | 0
Clementine
I'd just like to get out of town.   bike.  train.  pack mule.   My life has gotten too predictable.   I walked up the mountain with Julie W. yesterday and as usual she outwalked me and once again I thought my heart would explode trying to keep up with her.   I told her she should hire out as a Sherpa.  

For curiosity sake  I made a skimpy hidden profile and went browsing on Match.com.   Holy crap!   I should have found a man 20 years ago and kept him , because..... the ones my age are too old and scary looking!    You can almost tell what vices, bad habits,  and way of thinking they've indulged in for the past 20 years just by looking at them.    Judgemental?   uh..probably.    I probably look scary too.

I'm so sick of not having electricity in this house (other than the kitchen) . I'm so sick of big orange and yellow extension cords all over the place.   The other day I told myself that if i don't like it I should do something about it.    So i'm looking for the perfect little "Electric Wiring for Dummies"  book and I think i'll do it myself since i can't afford to hire someone.   Maybe I can get some electricity into the living room at least.   And if i don't burn the house down after that i'll see about wiring a bedroom.
0 | 0
January
I think I have one of those books - you can borrow it any time - but as you know - Im still tripping over extension cords myself.....I even have all the right gage wire - but have you ever tried to bend that wire to fit where it needs to be? I get fonder and fonder of my extension cords - I have one thats hot pink!
0 | 0
Clementine
Never!!   I shall never be fond of my extension cords!    So often I  think of how blissful life would be without cords of any kind.   Maybe you don't mind your cords because you have them tucked neatly under rugs. ?  I cover mine with rugs too but I move furniture around so often that it all gets changed.   Lamps end up in different spots so I have to figure out where the cords should go next.  Therefore much of the time I'm just cursing them.    

The other day I had a daydream... it was me pushing and dragging all my furniture outside and burning it.   Wendy inspires me greatly.   She inspires me by opposite example.. making it easy for me to throw stuff away.   I hardly have any clothes left!    Wendy needed an intervention so the other day I went over and helped her "let go"  of some of her clothes.  
It is (almost) unbelievable how much clothing she owns.    She keeps thinking there's a way to organize it better to make it fit in her house.   No.   No there isn't.   Two tons of clothing is too much.    How many long sleeved purple shirts does a person need?    Two?   Six?   Fifteen?     How many short sleeved t-shirts?     Is four hundred enough?    How many winter scarves?    Is a thousand too many?     Rick.   dear sweet Rick.   He is being buried alive by Wendy's clothes.   Piles and piles of clothes.    But thank you Wendy.   I now have a very skimpy and manageable supply of clothes.
0 | 0
suslyn
I could use a Wendy right now. Oh, clothes doesn't equal sheets. We're broke. Flat out broke. So I've been darning sheets. This week two of the much darned sheets ripped wide open. Really could use another sheet.
0 | 0
suslyn
Well I've decided to use the darned sheets (pun intended) as backing for some duvet covers that are equally worn. Gonna' try quilting them and hope to get a bit more life out of them!

Steph's been rebuilding the area where we want to install a newdoor. The door's here, but in these old houses there is no such things as 'one size fits all'. He's plastered, carved oak beams and I don't know what else to get it ready. Still have to stain the thing before it goes up. Good news is that we've had a warmish spell. So just a tarp over that door to the outside has been sufficient. Another piece of good news is that we haven't seen evidence of other visitors (rats, mice... neighborhood cats
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.