Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Tips and Tutorials I'm to old or my PS2 ?

I'm to old or my PS2 ?

LieZbeth
I loved working with photoshop but haven't been doing this for some years now. But with taking Artjournaling more as a pleasue I wanted some collages and came upon this site. But I can't load my png files in photoshop CS2.
I think there has changed a lot and I need a newer version. Could use some advice. I now how to work photoshop so I prefer PS. But the photoshop CS5 is a bit to expensive for my liking. Is photoshop elements a good alternative or will I regret this later? Is a second hand CS4 a better choice?
Hope you can help me. Thanks in advance. (and for the artjournalling I have downloaded some printable files for now
0 | 0
Balinda
You should be able to work fine in CS2 with the png's. I have been working in CS3 with no problem at all.  
I hear the new PSE 11 is pretty awesome and would probably be a great way to go.
There is also a promo going on with adobe for students/teachers to get the Creative Cloud for 19.99 a month. It includes a ton of programs along with CS6 that out of pocket would be a ridiculous amount of money.
0 | 0
LieZbeth
Thanks Balinda for the answer. I think I will look in to both PS options. CS 6 for 19.99 a month sounds great.
0 | 0
Hollie
2300 Posts
LieZbeth, you should be able to load .pngs into CS2.

Make sure when you open a new page to work on, it is set up like this. The page size doesn't matter, but the rest of it does.

Great info, Balinda. Thanks!
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
LieZbeth
Thanks for the answers. I succeeded in opening the files. I made a really stupid mistake. My only excuse is the long time passed since I did anything with downloading files and photoshop. I didn't unzip the file before trying to open it in photoshop.
And Hollie thanks for the advice, because of this I found out the mistake I made.
0 | 0
Hollie
2300 Posts
I am happy you figured it out.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.