Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Cut & Paste Mod Podge Sparkle?

Mod Podge Sparkle?

glitterbug

Just found a project that used this product.  I had never heard of Sparkle Mod Podge before!  Has anyone used it?  I haven't seen it at my usual craft haunt, Pat Catans.  If it works good, I may have to order online.  Let me know if you have ever seen, heard of or used this product.
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Haven't seen it or used it. I can totally "see" the potential there.

Do you know of any sealer that is food safe? I found Ez-Do polyurethane but its $32.50 a pint!
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
glitterbug
No, I have never needed a product like that...what are you making?  I'm intrigued...
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
I am making some serving pieces. A tray and maybe a cupcake stand but I want to use use scrap paper, etc to decorate it first. I want it to be food safe and water resistant too.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
TabithaLenox
I have used it and one of the issues is that it can stay 'sticky' if you are trying to use it in a humid or damp climate. Let it dry completely between layers and because it is waterbased, you will need to seal it to make sure it doesn't get sticky again if it gets wet. Hope that helps!
0 | 0
TabithaLenox
Forgot to say, You will need to seal it with something like Krylon Gloss Spray to make it water resistant.
0 | 0
JerimiaBell
What is it? A gum of some sort?
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.