Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

Pse10

retro dolly
Completely overwhelmed by this photo program, and having trouble importing my images from my thumb drive.  I have no idea what to do from here.  Also, just purchased more images from Deviant and trying to hurry and download before time limit expires.  AHHHH!!!!!  Can someone please help?  About ready to throw this program to the wind.
0 | 0
retro dolly
I can open them under edit and open......but can't open them in the organizer when clicking get pictures.......
0 | 0
retro dolly
Sorry in all my stressing over this, I should have explained a little more.  When in the edit screen I can open all images from thumb drive and then by clicking organize open files I can create an album with the images.  But when going back to the edit screen and bring up the album in open files....none of my images show up.  I just want to be able to crop and resize my deviant images and digi stamps on one page that is printable.  Is that possible?
0 | 0
maggiebean
I really don't use the program but have taught the basics in it.

You'll want to go to

File--New---Blank file-- choose your page settings (ie 8 x 10 inches 300 dpi)
( this step will open a new page for you to be able to drag and drop the images on to)

Now go into your thumb drive

Choose the images you want to open highlighting each one by holding down the cntl key and clicking on them. You can open several in one file this way. Once all are selected drag them into PSE10.

You'll notice at the top of the items opened there are tabs, the first tab should be your blank project and then subsequent elements or backgrounds.

At this point you only see one open at a time in the bigger window, unless you've changed the settings.

Below that you might see Project Bin, if this is not open click on Window, then click project bin. If it doesn't open big enough to see everything click on the pulldown below the tab Project bin and click Show Open files.

Ok now click on the first file you want to resize. That will be open in the main window.
Click - File - Duplicate
This file will then recreate in the program and you will have one that says for example
Tumble Fish_ladyhat  and one that says Tumble Fish_ladyhatcopy

Close the original not the copy if it asks to save changes click no. (this is so you don't save over the original file by accident. We've all done it a time or two. This step will prevent that)

Now with the copy file open and filling the bigger window click on Image - Size - Image Resize. A new window will appear.

First thing make sure Constrain Proportions is checked.

In that window you will see Document Size with a fill in and a pull down.

On the pull down click and choose inches then fill in the space with how big you want that image to be.

Now the program will resize your image.

Go back to the blank file in the project bin..dbl click. It will open in the big window.

Back in the project bin you will see your resized copied image, left click and hold down, while dragging it onto the blank file. It's pretty cool you'll see a little hand dragging the file to the page. Once there let go. Your file will now open onto the blank page.

Go back to the copied file and close it out where it asks if you want to save changes click no.

Do this for all remaining files. You can drag the files around the blank page and organize them how you want them to print.

Here are some http://digiscrappingtutorials.com/pselements/tutorials to get you started.

Hope that helps. :
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
And you shouldn't need any special photo editing software to download your files.  All you have to do is go to the email that has the link in it that takes you to the download page, click on each of the zip files and a window pops up asking what you'd like to do.  "Save" the files and they will download where you tell them to go. I choose to save them on my computer's hard drive and not in a particular program.  Once they are downloaded, you can go to your computer's "downloads" to find them and then right click each one to unzip or "extract to" and then your images are all on your computer ready to use in any software program you like.  You don't actually have to save your images in your Photoshop software or any other . . . they can be on your computer's hard drive to use in multiple places.

To use the images in PSE 10, just follow Maggiebean's wonderful tips above.   If you google, there are many online tutorials and videos that can walk you through just about anything you want to do.  The main thing is to just play and try things out, just always "save as" so you don't save over an original image so it will be fresh and ready to use again.
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
p.s. From what I understand you can use PSE 10 to organize and/or edit your images.  I don't use it to organize, I only use the edit part.  But that's just me.  So, I only go to the Edit part of PSE (and I'm still on vs. 7).
0 | 0
maggiebean
heehee I forgot that part Marsha. ;)

I use 7 zip to extract all my zips. If you have a mac or linux the better choices would be WinRar or WinAce or Zpeg. I like Zipeg because it's free and it works.

You can get http://www.7zip.com/util/8/ZipegZipeg here

or http://www.7zip.com/7Zip here

I like them because they are easy to use and you can uzip mulitple files at once. Easy peasy to use and doesn't harm or corrupt your files.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.