Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

Print Shop 22 Help

retro dolly
I am curious about the photo program you use to download the images that's easy to use, especially to crop the image size? *I currently use Print Shop 22 and sometimes experience trouble with importing my personal images. *I also do not want to bog my computer down with the library of other images that come with the program. I have been trying to figure out if I can use my current Print Shop program and just delete the library of stock images. *Or if i should consider an alternative photo program. Thanks in advance for taking a moment to help me out.
0 | 0
Hollie
2300 Posts
Hello:

I am not sure that anyone here uses that program so I don't know if anyone will be able to help you with the specifics of it.

The most common program used is Photoshop - either PhotoShop Elements or the CS versions.
You can download a free trial version of PSE10 http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=en_usHERE if you would like to try it out.

There is another free program out there called GIMP. If you google it, I am sure you can find it. I think a few people here use it as well.

Hope that helps.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
Thanks Hollie.  retro dolly had asked me about it and I wasn't familiar either and couldn't find much googling it.  I suggested she post here.  Maybe someone out there will be able to help.

retro dolly - I highly recommend PS Elements for your next program purchase.   It will be compatible with 95-99% of any digital imaging products you purchase anywhere, there are tons and tons of online tutorials available and other resources out there to learn from.  It is also very affordable.  I still use one I bought 4 years ago and am just now feeling the need to move up to the Creative Suite for a few more tools and tricks.

In the meantime, I hope someone is able to help with your question.
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
I'm sorry, I haven't heard of it either. I scrap with Lumapix FotoFusion, which doesn't bring a copy of the image into your file, it links to where ever your original is. It is an expensive program, but I like that my files aren't huge. Problem is if I move the original image, I get error messages and have to 'reconnect' to the original.

My hubby uses a free photoshop-esque program called Paint at paint.net if that helps with an alternate program.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.