Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Inspiration Studio Ooooh, I want this...

Ooooh, I want this...

eryn
O.M.G!!! I am so getting this!! DH has no say in the matter at all.
0 | 0
Hollie
2371 Posts
As someone who spent her day with a sketch pad, OMG!!!!!! Want! Need! Must have!!!

Thank you so much for the share!!
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
WaterRabbit
It records each stroke as its own layer and it can become either a raster or a vector file. I'm in love.
0 | 0
reelynn
I want it!!!  Must have it.
0 | 0
sherrieJD
I can't figure out looking at the material, have you seen what DPI will be used for the raster files? i'm hoping it's something decent, such as a minimum of 300 dpi.
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Holy Crap!! That is so cool!! Hmmmm....I wonder if you could extract also...cuz I have had this idea for some time....Since I do most of my stuffs in my art journal and then scan in etc. I thought how cool would it be if I were able to just trace it with the Wacom pen and voila! haha Had to laugh....maybe its silly but.....
0 | 0
maggiebean
Nancy- I do extract with my pen tool when at home. Once you get used to using the pen tool it's so much easier than any other method I've tried.

I've told DH I want the cintique for some time but that is waaaayyy out of budget at the moment. (in truth probably out of budget for my lifetime lol)

This tool may be the best option for me. I'll have to show it to dh. (he is the spender not me, I dont' buy any of my gadgets cuz they cost to much haha, I love my Giant.)

thanks for sharing WaterRabbit.
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Lord knows I've tried Ani LOL It is all backwards to me. I was meaning extracting with the pen tool right from my art journal...now wouldn't that be cool? I know what you mean about budget...Ive got a list of things I need and cant afford LOL You best hang onto that Giant of yours!
0 | 0
WaterRabbit
Don't know about extracting from your art journal - but perhaps (since it can do vector or raster) you could scan in the art journal page and then use the tool to trace around what you want to extract and use that as a clipping mask? If that makes sense.

And for dpi on raster, I've never had to worry about it with my tablet and pen so I'm guessing this would be the same.
0 | 0
cfalbro
Too bad I can't draw LOL  It does look pretty cool though (for those who can).
0 | 0
martavaneck
969 Posts
I come from Poland. Live in Germany now...
This one looks cool. And it change to vector. It coast 169 eu in Europe... But can someone tell me it I need to replace/ fill this pen  like a ink-jet printer with the ink?
Visit my store to grab some weird stuff.

0 | 0
Cole
This is so cool. I hate working with my tablet because of the whole watching on screen while I'm sketching on the tablet thing. How cool to actually draw something on paper and then be able to upload it! Would make designing a WHOLE lot easier and I might just get back into this industry again!

Of course, since I have no job and we're facing bankruptcy, I can't really justify this purchase, huh?  LOL  I'll just live vicariously for those of you who end up wth it!
0 | 0
martavaneck
969 Posts
DO you now where it can be bought? It shown everywhere in is not available at the moment in Europe...maybe it was sold out so quick? I saw some other models that costs less e.g from German producer Medion but this one is not changing the sketch into vector...just jpg and this is nothing....I have a scanner to change my sketched into jpegs :

0 | 0
Mister_Whiskers
It was a really hot item about four months ago, and I remember it sold out worldwide.  I'd imagine there was a big run on them before Christmas, and retailers will be re-stocking now.  In the UK, Amazon only has two in stock, as a I write, for £96.
0 | 0
martavaneck
969 Posts
Oh....it is how I thought...sold out. I hope they will got this soon again in shops also in Germany.

0 | 0
eklektik
Wacom's Inkling site in the Americas - they list Amazon.com as their reseller...but Amazon does not show any availability.
http://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Inkling.aspxhttp://www.wacom.com/en/Products/Inkling.aspx

My impression after reading the reviews listed below together with the information on the Wacom site, that at present there are inherent software and hardware issues and would suspect that despite the initial rush of purchases, Wacom is probably attempting to improve this product and hence a delay in availability.
Though I find the portability of the Inkling and the concept quite intriguing (I love techie toys!!) after reading the reviews, I think that for myself at this time, I still would continue my normal process of drawing on paper and then scanning the image. Also, in comparison with the Inklings capabilities versus the Intuos for the same price, I most definitely prefer the Intuos!! Mind you, just my opinion - but that is subject to re-evaluation of Wacom's future releases of the Inkling, ie will there be significant improvements...if any.

Reviews:
PCWORLD  http://www.pcworld.com/article/245476/wacom_inkling_review_a_great_concept_with_a_few_kinks.htmlhttp://www.pcworld.com/article/245476/wacom_inkling_review_a_great_concept_with_a_few_kinks.html
MACWORLD http://www.macworld.com/article/163787/2011/11/wacom_inkling_makes_pretty_pictures_but_software_is_sluggish.htmlhttp://www.macworld.com/article/163787/2011/11/wacom_inkling_makes_pretty_pictures_but_software_is_sluggish.html
0 | 0
eklektik
I just checked on Amazon.com and they have a supply of the Inkling in...you might want to read the Customer reviews...they tend to be mixed, but over all most agree that the Inkling is a great idea (I agree!) - but most have been disappointed with its accuracy and has mis-alignment issues in transferring to an editing program such as Photoshop. Am hoping that Wacom is working on developing it further!!
0 | 0
Hollie
2371 Posts
I had asked for one for Christmas but Nick researched it and found all that too. More dislikes than likes. I hope they do work out the kinks. It has great potential.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
frani_54
The possiblilities are endless.....way kewl tool.
0 | 0
Mister_Whiskers
The UK’s respected 3D World magazine has a useful new review of the Inkling, which concludes you might be better off just getting a normal Wacom pad...

http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/01/10/hardware-review-wacom-inkling/
0 | 0
martavaneck
969 Posts
In the meantime...when I was waiting to buy this inkling ..and was waiting and waiting I did lost my patience and bought new tablet from Wacom.  Not the biggest one but I am so happy with this one :) Very happy..... so not so bad idea to do it after reading this review.

0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.