Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Tips and Tutorials Need Help/Advice on Overlays&gt

Need Help/Advice on Overlays>

Michelle in Mi
I purchased Altered Emporium's overlays, which are great, but does anyone know how I can convert the black edges to white? I use Photoshop Elements 9 and the maker of these uses a different program so she's not sure how I can change them using PSE9. THanks for any suggestions you can pass along!
0 | 0
anubis1
Create a hue /saturation adjustment layer. go to edit-adjust-hue/saturation. A fly out box will appear make sure you check the colourize box and click ok. Another box menu will open where you can adjust. play with the lighten slider and push it as far as it will go. Voila a white overlay. You can also play with the hue and saturation sliders to achieve any colour overlay you want as long as the colourize box is checked. Hope this helps.
The fast way to switch from black to white is to Invert the layer - Ctrl I(nvert) on PCs. That's the way I usually do it. Black and white are fairly easy and predictable - but you can get some fun results with colors!!!
0 | 0
Balinda
I am not sure you can do it this way in elements but it's worth a try (I am using CS3)
Edit--->Fill--->and then a fill box will come up
You can then either choose black/white/or a color, the blend mode and the opacity.
Put a check mark in the preserve transparency option to keep the color from coloring anything but the overlay.
0 | 0
WaterRabbit
OMG Balinda - thanks for the tip!!!! I just tried it (I use PSE 9) and it worked like a charm. How did I miss this???
0 | 0
Michelle in Mi
THank you everyone for your suggestions! I'm printing them out to save-they will come in handy over & over again!
0 | 0
Balinda
OMG Balinda - thanks for the tip!!!! I just tried it (I use PSE 9) and it worked like a charm. How did I miss this???

You just made me feel so smart..LOL!
0 | 0
WaterRabbit
Isn't it fun when you get to come up with the "duh, why didn't I think of that" idea?
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Fabulous ideas - thank you all for suggesting them!!
0 | 0
glitterbug
Hilarious fiona!  I wanted to try a white edge due to you and I did it the same WAY as you!  I just figured it out playing around with them.
0 | 0
ann
WOW !!! thank you for the help.
Just bought  some Overlays and had no idea how to change the colours :
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.