Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Cut & Paste Steampunk Altoid Tin Niche

Steampunk Altoid Tin Niche

bethr

Here's how it's constructed: the tin is glued to the round base which is actually piece of a small sized doorknob that goes against the door. then it's covered with a texture spackle type medium. the chipboard swirls were pieces from a company called Unique Pages.( they laser cut shapes.) Metals are found onjects and Tim Holtz products.
a piece of old netting is behind  the photo in the tin to give it more texture. Pigments: Lumiere paint, Rub 'n Buff , Staz On ink and alcohol inks..
0 | 0
glitterbug
It's so beautiful beth!  Gotta LOVE a steampunk shrine...
0 | 0
jeneeo
Beth this is amazing!! Like all the details and Tim's gears!! Thanks for sharing!!! :
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
OMG it is "curiously strong" Steampunkery Beth! I LOVE it!  

Any chance of getting a side view?  I'm dying to see more... of course, really want to get my grubby hands on it.

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
eklektik
Truly gorgeous work, Beth! You must have steady hands to be able to work with an altoid tin! Love all your detail work - the netting, your center image and how you framed it. I've been collecting altoid tins for quite awhile now..Hmmmm...do I see a challenge coming on?!!!!
Thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your methods!!! Like Patty Anne, I would luv to get my grubby hands on it too!!!
0 | 0
Wow, this is really cool, how do you gals come up with these ideas!! Awesome and inspirational!
0 | 0
Edard11
Thanks for sharing!!!
0 | 0
cass
Wonderful, love steampunk
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.