Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Inspiration Studio The Sketchbook project

The Sketchbook project

Tumble Fish Studio
Every year I think about doing this and never sign up.  I got the email today for the next Sketchbook Project and thinking about taking the leap this year . . .

For more information about this project you can go http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookprojecthere.  I like the idea of their community outreach for this project!  And to know you'll have something in a permanent collection that tours the country is kinda cool too.

If anyone else is thinking about doing this but needs someone to do it with, let me know.  Maybe we can leap together!

0 | 0
glitterbug
Marsha, this looks very interesting to me...I think I may join.  I have been wanting to do something like this for a while.  I may even get my daughter one.  I like the theme "Fill me with stories...".  32 pages scare me but as long as I have a deadline I can pull it off.  Let me know if you are gonna join.
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
I'm very tempted Tracey.  I want to take a couple of days and make sure my ambition isn't impulsive . . . but, you do have over a year to do it.  And I figure, once you get on a roll, you/I might get 5-6 pages done in a day or two.  Could be interesting and I think because it SEEMS challenging, it will be a good learning experience too.
0 | 0
WaterRabbit
This may be something I could/should do. Of course, choosing a theme and actually making the commitment is the first BIGGEST step...
0 | 0
Scrappie Irene
I don't totally understand how it all works. I know what theme I like most already, but I have no idea how the rest goes.
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
Well, basically, Irene you pay them money and pick a theme, they send you a sketchbook which you have until Jan 2012 (I think) to fill it's 32 pages, and then you send the book back in.  The sketchbook will be added to a collection that will tour the country and then returned to Boston where it will live in a special museum for the rest of time.   Sounds kind of strange in some ways, but really cool too.  I like the idea of someone thumbing through my journal somewhere.  The journals are bar coded and kept organized and safe.  They will never be sold in any way.
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
I've seen stories on this (also follow the 1001 journal projects, etc.) and I have to admit that I'm SO much more interested to get to go see the journals themselves... to peek into other people's creative brain's & interpretations.
(I'm trying to find the blog entry I saw with all the pictures of the journals - and people sitting around looking at them)

It's funny - they mostly look so generic on the shelves & all piled in the boxes with their craft paper covers.  To think of the artistic delicacies inside leaves me drooling.  

Quite a community develops around the participants, so many keep blogs to correspond with their journal journeys. I just LOVE looking in other people's journals when they allow it! I'm a journal voyeur I guess.

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.