Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Tips and Tutorials How to use a Coupon Code in the Shoppe

How to use a Coupon Code in the Shoppe

orachel
Aha! Lucky Lucky You!!!!
You've finally got one...the Amazing, the Elusive, the Thrifty! LOL ...the Coupon Code!!! Yay, for you!!! Now, uurmm..what the heck do you do with it? ROFL

Here's quick and dirty "How to Use a Coupon Code" for yer shopping pleasure!

1) Log In to the Shoppe. Most coupons won't work unless you're logged in and neither will your Wish List.

2) Find the objects of your twitterpation, the glorious goodies you love to love , gotta have, and can't wait to play with. Stick them in your cart using the 'Add to Cart' button. On Deviant Scrap Shoppe carts, it won't necessarily take you to the cart page once you've added something, but if you look to the left of the screen where your cart info is displayed, you'll see your item has been added.

3) Once you're done loading up your cart with goodies, click the red "View Cart" link located on the left, right under the "SHOPPING" tag where you see your cart total displayed by $ amount.

4) When your cart pops up, go to the bottom left part of your screen, where you see the "Update" and "Clear Cart" buttons. Right below that is an area that says "REDEEM A DISCOUNT COUPON" in blue. There's an empty box right below it.

5) PASTE in your coupon code. Coupons are notoriously funny..they're case sensitive and any little difference like an extra space will make them not work properly, so always highlight the coupon code from its original source, copy, and then paste into the coupon code box to ensure that its accurate.

6) You should see an adjusted total price after the coupon code is added. Now you're ready click the orange "Check Out" button, and go to happy town with your new goodies!!! Yay!!!!...but If it didn't work, these are some common culprits....

COUPON CODE TROUBLESHOOTING

*did you type in code wrong? Any weird case/punctuation/space difference will make your code totally non-functional

*are you logged into the shoppe?

*did you already use that coupon code?

*is it expired?

*is the code deactivated for a sale? Occasionally codes will only work on regularly priced items.

*does code not apply to item you're trying to use it on (ie: trying to buy Tumble Fish Studios product with a code specific to Holliewood Studios products won't work! LOL)

If you've tried all those and its still not working, use the 'contact us' button to notify the shoppe administrator and it will get straightened out quick like a bunny. Yep...Deviant Scrap customer service is good like that. LOL

NOTE: if you have a coupon code that only works for a specific item, its perfectly OK to add other stuff to your cart along with it. Coupon will only 'apply' to the items it works for.

Happpeeee Shopping!!!

orachel
0 | 0
Tumble Fish Studio
Thank you for this, Rachel!   I am such a coupon queen I didn't think about anyone not knowing how to do it.   And I should have realized it needed to be explained.   You always have my back!   I'm going to have to hire you I think.
0 | 0
glitterbug
rachel, you are my guardian angel!
0 | 0
orachel
Oh good! Glad its helping someone out! lol I figure some of those lucky contest and challenge winners might need it, too. Can never be too rich, thin, or have too many coupon codes. Coooouuupons, goooodddd.
0 | 0
briedah
thanks-i am new and don't understand why i need two identities-one for CT and one for shop. i will try again to get the rascally coupon to work
0 | 0
orachel
thanks-i am new and don't understand why i need two identities-one for CT and one for shop. i will try again to get the rascally coupon to work

Hi there! You definitely don't need two different ones, but with all of the communities like this you do have to register the first time separately for the shops and the forums. Not sure why...probably for legal reasons, and I know its a bummer! lol But you can use exactly the same name and password for both!

Hope that helped! PM (private message) me or one of the other CT Members if you need anything further, or Hollie, the store owner, can help you with the 'contact us' button. Good luck, and let me know if I can do anything to help!

rachel
0 | 0
briedah
thanks! if my computer holds up maybe i will have to purchase some of the stuff in the shop-
0 | 0
Hollie
2300 Posts
bumping this to the top.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.