Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Cut & Paste Altered Book Workshop!

Altered Book Workshop!

bethr
UPDATE_WE HAVE A CLASSROOM FOR THIS!!!http://www.mischiefcircus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2109 http://www.mischiefcircus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2109

Free workshop starts in MarchI have a terrific hybrid project to share with you! This March it will be one year since Stampington published the article, so I am free to share it!
Let's create a beautiful hybrid tribute altered book together...you will choose your own theme and style. I will take you through the techniques of creating the book in weekly sessions right here in the hybrid forum.  It is an easy project, but the drawers in the side make it look trickier!

I choose a vintage style for my 2 facing photos and overall theme :

Look here in the Hybrid Forum this march for your free weekly workshops...I hope to see you here...Hugs Beth

0 | 0
Fifi
This is such a wonderful idea...I once started something like this with Beth Cote but it wasn't a weekly thing and my partial book was destroyed...loving this idea!
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
I POSITIVELY love altered books - and I adored seeing your project in Somerset.  
I tend to use mine more like altered journals...
but love the idea & look of this altered book frame with little hidden treasures.

I'm IN! Can't wait!

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Gorgeous project, Beth - and thank you for sharing it with us for free!  :
0 | 0
bethr
This is such a wonderful idea...I once started something like this with Beth Cote but it wasn't a weekly thing and my partial book was destroyed...loving this idea!

the weekly idea is a new one for me , but it will give us a chance to coach each other when we do our homework...LOL
I'm excited to be doing it!
0 | 0
bethr
thanks Edeena and Pattyanne.  It's such a neat project to have up your sleeve for when you need a distinctive gift but are short on cash that I just have to share it! LOL
0 | 0
anubis1
This looks Delightfully Yummy Beth! Count me in.............
0 | 0
eryn
oooh I did something like this in highschool! How cool! Love the drawers in it!
0 | 0
Balinda
I have never done anything like this...it looks to be so much fun!
0 | 0
bethr
My goal is just that...keep it fun, low stress and share and learn together!
0 | 0
eklektik
Beth, this is awesome!!! I definitely look forward to being a part of this journey! Count me in too!!! I've got tons of vintage books just waiting to be altered. Would it be possible to get some idea of the materials we might be using before the sessions begin - I am referring mostly to the 'drawers'!
0 | 0
jeneeo
oh my!! I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'll be checking back here often!!! :) I like Marie's idea of a material idea list!
0 | 0
bethr
Oh yes..no worries..I will get everyone started from materials to selecting book etc, so even beginners and those who were sadly born only with thumbs(me) will have a success!
0 | 0
glitterbug
What a fabulous idea beth!  I lOVE altering books.  I have never made one with drawers so I am excited to see how you do that.  I actually just made a book for my BFF's b-day this past weekend.  I have additional views on my blog (click on the link in my siggie) but here is the view of the whole thing.  I was actually thinking of posting a tute on it but you beat me to the punch! LOL!

0 | 0
bethr
What a fabulous idea beth!  I lOVE altering books.  I have never made one with drawers so I am excited to see how you do that.  I actually just made a book for my BFF's b-day this past weekend.  I have additional views on my blog (click on the link in my siggie) but here is the view of the whole thing.  I was actually thinking of posting a tute on it but you beat me to the punch! LOL!

Oh that is Gorgeous! Well we can all contribute to this as we go along .  sharing experience with materials and technique will make it really fun for all of us, so i'm counting on your help because in this venue there are loads of ways of doing things...this is going to be great!
0 | 0
LauraPM
I'm working on setting up some space for physical art and such. If I get it done in time I'mm join in on this as it looks like a lot of fun!
0 | 0
cfalbro
Oh oh oh!!!  I just spotted this and I'm SOOOOOO excited.  I have a stack of old books just begging to have something done to them.  They look so sad and pitiful right now, they want to be happy and proud...

Thank you Beth.  And Tracey, I hope you'll put up a tut for your book as well.  I just love how you cut out the nook and made the pages a little uneven.
0 | 0
Midnightmarilyn
I can't wait!!  Beth, I miss seeing you, hope we can get together soon.  Hobby Lobby misses us I'm sure.  always, Marilyn
0 | 0
bjaneglas
I love altered books so should be fun
0 | 0
livingoutloud
Wow, I'm excited about this!  And "short on cash" is my middle name...LOl!  You are so kind to share this with us Beth!
0 | 0
jeneeo
Tracey!! That book is amazing!!!
0 | 0
puffinliz
Hey there Beth! Remember me from DSP? I look forward to joining your workshop in March...looks like my kinda fun!
0 | 0
bethr
I can't wait!!  Beth, I miss seeing you, hope we can get together soon.  Hobby Lobby misses us I'm sure.  always, Marilyn

I'm ready to load up the mule team and head to hobby lobby any time! LOL
0 | 0
bethr
Hey there Beth! Remember me from DSP? I look forward to joining your workshop in March...looks like my kinda fun!

Of course I remember you from the challenges and the gallery!  I didn't realize we were neighbors...I live up the hill under the rim!
0 | 0
glitterbug
Thanks so much jen!  I LOve making these books and can't wait to make one beth's way.
0 | 0
puffinliz
Beth, didn't know you were in the PHX area. We are just moving into town to Ahwatukee, so happy. Tired of the commute from Maricopa. I will only be 10 min from work. We might just bump into each other sometime!
0 | 0
Enchanted
This is a great idea, Beth. Your book is so beautiful. I will definitely follow. You are the best to learn from!
0 | 0
bethr
we have a classroom for this now!!! http://www.mischiefcircus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2109http://www.mischiefcircus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2109
0 | 0
shades of bliss
Sheesh!! It's really been a year.  I remember eyeing that book in the magazine!!  Fantastic book.    So very clever.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.