Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Cut & Paste Hybrid has a home at DS

Hybrid has a home at DS

Hollie
2377 Posts
Welcome to the Hybrid section at DS. I think this is going to be the year of delving into this new world. We all have loads and loads of digi supplies but if you are like me, you are looking for some thing new to do with them.

I am planning on bring you monthly tutorials, inspiration and much more. I hope you will feel free to share your projects with us here, links us up to artists and projects that float your boat and give a shout out on thing you would like to learn.

::star
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Wahooooooooo!  Can't wait!!!
0 | 0
glitterbug
This is right up my alley miss hollie!!!!!!!  Thanks so much for this.
0 | 0
joray
This is wonderful Hollie!
0 | 0
lorig
Oh how fun! As my paper supplies sit gathering dust, I have been wondering how to incorporate them now that digi has seemingly overtaken my art.

Time to stretch.
0 | 0
eryn
woot!! I so want to get back to hybrid! Can't wait for some inspiration!
0 | 0
jeneeo
How exciting!! I love making hybrid projects :
0 | 0
eklektik
Count me in too! With all the deviantness here I can only imagine how much fun this will be! YAY!!!! Got my thinking cap on and digging through my resources for some ideas...thanks, Hollie!!!
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
You rock my socks Hollie!!! WOOT!! Love this idea! Hybrids unite!!

If any of you are looking to start and create your own art journal, do I have a link for you!!
There are tons of tutorials for book binding...psst and even one of my quirky recycled Cracker Box Art Journal Tut in there! But before I do...(I know such a tease lol)

Hollie may I have your permission to post the link?  

xoxo
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
absolutely post away!!!
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Yay!! Hello again! The link to the book binding tutorials I mentioned earlier from a very nice lady...Annette from CraftStew...is right here: bookbinding/how-to-bind-a-bookBook Binding Tuts  Enjoy! I will be back with more hybrid stuffs to share!!!
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Here is a little something that I do when my muse is taking a break

I will sit down with a few fashion magazines....and after I am done tearing out *ahem* body parts etc....there is usually some text on the leftover magazine scraps....grab a pair of scissors, find a comfy spot to sit and start snippin out letters to create your very own alphabet for those paper collage projects! These nifty containers are perfect for storing your magazine alphabet in!! You can find them at any craft store....and even in sporting goods stores, usually in the fishing stuff department!!
0 | 0
cfalbro
Hey Nancy, that is a GREAT idea.  I totally LOVE it!!!  Thank you for sharing this.
0 | 0
jeneeo
Such fabulous ideas!! I'm going to have to get some magazines out and start cutting! :
0 | 0
wellidesigns
Nancy
that is a GREAT idea !!! perfect to fill my sick days...lol....but I need such a cool box like yours to put in all those snipplets....hihihi....I feel a shopping spree coming up !
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Thank you! Glad you like the ideas!

Here is another small tid bit tip for paper collage artists! You know when your snipping out images..let's say hands or tiny intricate spots that normal scissors just won't get in there to those little spots....Well here we go! In this photo is a pair of medical snips....the doctor was nice enough to let me have them after getting stitches...and I won't go into a long boring story about it...But don't go hurting yourself just to get you a pair LOL ...Cuticle scissors work fine too!

xoxo

NancyB
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
I have some photos here of some studio shots!! Yup! This is where I create all those goodies!

This is a little bit of organization for paper ( my studio doesn't look like this right now but lol) and some of the supplies I use in paper collages!

There are some great ideas for those on a budget...and to let you know you don't have to have alot of supplies to be an artist and create fun art journal pages! *wink*

Hope you like...

Underneath my desk I have a stack of fashion mags that I tear out sheets that have images that I may want to use and place them in my drawer on my desk for later snipping and deciding what I want to keep or toss away. There are times I go back through those magazines time and again, usually there is something I missed and can use! Ask your neighbors first for any mags that they want to trash and ask if you can have them instead! Libraries often have mags they don't want and will either give to you or sell for cheap like $10 cents!!!

xoxo

NancyB
0 | 0
skyezak
Nancy, you need to run your journal junkin' class again as that was so much fun....first learning how you do the whole Zetti thing plus using a cereal box for the base!
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Thank you Sharon that is so sweet! Glad you enjoyed it! I want to teach again...it is so much fun! I may not be the best teacher lol But I learn as I go with each class. I will do some thinking on it...and maybe do something like that class but different this time! **smiles** xoxo
0 | 0
wellidesigns
oh Nancy........I am so hoping you want to teach an art journal class
so exciting.....You will have one participant for sure...ME !!!!!
I'm having so much fun experimenting, but still have a lot to learn ;-
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Thank you Sonja! I've got my thinking cap on! xoxo
0 | 0
reelynn
So excited about this area of the forum.  I have been working on hybrid stuff for a little bit now and am addicted.  I can't wait to see more ideas from all you talented ladies.
0 | 0
CircleofLifeStudioScraps
Thank you, Hollie.
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
I don't care who you are you are going to love this video I found on 1st Floor Flat blog...the Book is called Patience...from Glowing Heads!! I about fell out of my chair on this one and am still in awe! It is not a tutorial but very much enjoyable! http://1stfloorflat.blogspot.com/2011/01/stunning-bookbinding-video.html#comment-form
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Oh my gosh!! I am in heaven!! Ever since the discontinuance of Sharpie Poster Paint Pens...I have been holding onto the these paint pens I bought before they discontinued...and thought why? Why?? Would they take away a good thing! These pens were great for art journaling!!! I wanted to cry!! LOL But hold on to your hats!!! There is a new pen in town!!! WOOT!! Same manufacturer...same kind of pen...but with a new name!! Posca Paint Markers!!! Oops!! I was going to post the link ....but that is an outside link to another store...So I will just leave it at that.
0 | 0
skyezak
We can't get the Sharpie Paint Pens in Australia Nancy, so I got onto the Posca ones a while back as they're readily available online and in local stores.  I think Kelly Kilmer or another blog recommended them. They work on any surface and have journalled wonderfully for me so I second that whoo hoo!
0 | 0
paula kesselring
This is wonderful Hollie !
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.