Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Inspiration Studio Anyone else a fan of Lightroom?

Anyone else a fan of Lightroom?

naughtsncrosses
I love to fiddle about with my photos.  Sometimes they're perfect as is (this is rare) and sometimes they're perfect after fiddling in LightRoom or PhotoShop.  I lashed out and bought myself a set of LightRoom presets (and here's a tip for all those of you who save their presets for sale:  PLEASE name your files or you won't be credited!!).

Anyway, for the first time in over a month, I dragged out my camera and (gasp!) pulled out my macro lens and took some photos!  Macros are not my strong suit, so this was purely a go and click and see what happens exercise.  A friend of mine sent me flowers for my birthday, and we discovered a caterpillar on one of the gerbera daisies.

Here is the SOOC (straight out of camera):

Here is the one-click preset in Lightroom (using Spring Set - Simple BW 5 by the woman who didn't put her name on any of the presets nor did she include a TOU or identifier... thank you, whomever you are!):

I mean... look at that!  I would have binned that photo except that I thought, no, bugger it, I'll try it in black and white because sometimes you can save blown out or colour-funky photos.  And voila!

My daughter will be thrilled - her class are investigating insects this term.  :)

So.  Have you tried LightRoom?  Are you a photo fiddler?
0 | 0
lmgdonahue
Oh am I ever a fiddler of photos - I LOVE photoshop actions and could play all day!  I have never tried Lightroom though but your photo is fabulous Edeena!
0 | 0
lmgdonahue
Here is a pretty set of Lightroom presets if anyone is interested (and oh they are free!)
http://ilafrancephoto.blogspot.com/
0 | 0
Karen_Johnson
Wow - Edeena the difference in that photo is AMAZING!  LOVE it!
I've got lightroom but couldn't get on with it.  I kept getting confused as to where my files were being saved and ended up with files every where.  

BUT funnily, enough another friend mentioned Lightroom at the weekend and now seeing your amazing transformation I think I may be ready to give it another try.

I have a few presets too and totally agree with you - they should be better labeled to allow us to better credit! lol

Hugs,

Karen
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
I have LR and have fiddled some - but I'm TOTALLY GUILTY of being in a hurry, and falling back on my speed in PS & my PS actions.

Note to self - get back in LR!

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Ha!  I love the immediacy of LightRoom - one click and you can see the changes.  One click back and you can start all over.

Thank you so much for the preset link, Lou Ann!!

Here are some cool freebie preset places:

http://www.presetsheaven.com/

http://www.digital-photography-school.com/8-sites-for-free-presets

You can download a trial version (for those that don't have it) and use it for 30 days...
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Oh, I LOVE my Lightroom. All photos go through there, including kit images. I can't stand actions. They take too long and you don't know how they are going to turn out. In Lightroom, you can scroll through dozens of looks in seconds! I find it so much more productive.
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Ok, you inspired me to share some of my favorites that I have created. They are a freebie in the shoppe.

http://www.mischiefcircus.com/shop/product.php?productid=18277&cat=&page=
Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
eryn
ooh nice Hollie!! I would LOE to have Lightroom! But I know if I get the trial I will be bitterly disappointed after 30 days! And so I will go without to save me from heartache!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
I love LR!  I have a bunch of presets that I made.  Some are pretty funky :)  I'll see if I can round them up and post them.  

Your's look great Hollie.  

Thanks for the links.

The B&W photo looks great Edeena.  I love converting to B&W.
0 | 0
Karen_Johnson
Oh Hollie!
Those are so cool!
I can't wait to get home and take a look!
Kx
0 | 0
naughtsncrosses
Holy moly!  I work all week and miss being on the computer... and look what fantastic presets I come back to!  Wahoo!  Off to the freebie section I go!!

Thanks, Hollie!!

Thanks, Karin - I looooooove playing with black and white.  :
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.