Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

Flat Stanley!

joannknnrd
As many of you know, I'm a rotten parent ::Turkey3

Rachel (my youngest) is doing a unit on Maps in school. She needs to send a paper figure to someone far away from Ohio. She's not happy to send it to actual family members, "they live too close".

Would anyone be willing to let Flat Stanley visit you (via mail) and take a photo of him somewhere?

I'll paypal you postage. If you can help, please pm your address. This assignment was due last Monday (I really thought she would send it to Uncle Kevin in Tennessee)

Mwah!!!!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Hee hee, I would let him visit me, but it would take too long and I don't live anywhere near the Sydney Harbour Bridge or the Opera House :
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
OMG! I'd LOVE to do it!

I do flat(insert name here)'s all the time!  TOO cool!

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
LauraPM
I'm in California, but not near any good landmarks either. The best we have in San Jose is   EBay or the Arena where the SJ Sharks play hocky. If either of those will work let me know. I'll PM you my address in case you are that desparate! LOL!
0 | 0
joannknnrd
Thank you so much, ladies!

I'll let her choose who get's Stanley when she wakes up in the morning! I appreciate it so much!!!

Her first choice was Captain Bob, a Dolphin Tour guide in North Carolina. A person that we met once, two years ago. I don't even think his real name was Bob! When I told her we didn't have "Bob's" address, she fell apart.

Lol, she's a wonderful child!
0 | 0
swathe
I could take it to Stanley.. theres a little town near where I live.. that we could take stanley to stanley  take some pics..and  send it back.. LOL..LOL.. how fun this is for your child..
0 | 0
skyezak
And that's an absolutely beautiful place there Tracey. Spent a few days there quite some years back and adored it. Anywhere in Tassie is just beautiful.
0 | 0
swathe
And that's an absolutely beautiful place there Tracey. Spent a few days there quite some years back and adored it. Anywhere in Tassie is just beautiful.

it is a gorgeous place in the summer time.. with the beaches.. and the wharf to fish from..  

and I do have to agree..  Tassie.. is gorgeous.. everywhere ... The far North West would have to be the nicest area in the state... we have such luscious green paddocks.. with the most friendliest people... its wonderful here most days and I have to say this.. as I have lived here all my life.. :
0 | 0
Tara
ROFL! And the North West of Tassie has a Tara in it too so it's even MORE special!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Mo this is an awesome project!!! And Stanley is a gorgeous spot too!
0 | 0
joannknnrd
Can I mail myself to ya'll? It'll be a really big box so postage might be steep!

Looks like Stanley is going to visit a classroom in The Netherlands first.

But I'd like to keep everyone's info for the next round. Is that ok?

Thanks to all of you!
0 | 0
Tara
Ok, that works for me! I would LOVE to get my Mo in the mail!!!! hehehehehehehe!
0 | 0
swathe
so stanley wont be coming to stanley.. well thats a bummer.. lOL..LOL..
0 | 0
swathe
ROFL! And the North West of Tassie has a Tara in it too so it's even MORE special!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! Mo this is an awesome project!!! And Stanley is a gorgeous spot too!

great Tara.. you scared Stanley off.. LOL...LOLI was going to suggest you take stanley up the stanley nut.. for a walk.. too...
0 | 0
skyezak
I think we stayed at the Captain's Cottage from memory and I loved that scary chairlift ride up The Nut. Now Stanley would have loved that and the view is to die-for!

Where do you and Miss Tara live as I need to look up on the map if went through your towns. I've been to Tassie twice and could easily move there if it were a wee bit warmer!
0 | 0
swathe
oh.. that bloody chairlift.. OMG... I have only been on that once.. and once is it ever going to be.. it was windy the day I went up.. I scream from the time I got on to the time I got off... LOL... that was wrong.. LOL..LOL..

dont reckon you would have gone through where I live... I live in a  little wee town called Irishtown... about 5 mins from  Smithton...  tara is in the whoop whoop where the jimmy black fellas live.. LOL no.. she's also about 10mins from town 5 mins from me.. around a hill a corner another hill.. another corner... and so on ..... yes... I can relate to the weather.. we are all so sick of the weather.. just bring on that heat.. not that we get to see much of that neither.... but its a different heat to the main land... I personally think so any way.. LOL

when you come over next time.. you will have to let us know.. and we can catch up.. wouldnt that be so awesome...
0 | 0
Tara
ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!! You have me in friggen TEARS Horton!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You DO remember I AM at home alone with the girls don't ya while the old boy is in hospital???? And all of my curtains are wide open and Casper the friendly ghost is coming down the stairs, trying to give me the willies!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

As for that lift, OMG no! You won't catch me on that BUT I am determind that one day soon, I am going to walk up the Nut! Trace, you are coming with me when the weather (IF the weather) stays consistently nice when we go on our health kick!!!! I will even piggy back ya up there if I have to! ROFL!!!!!! OMG imagine that! I would fall over and off we go rolling down the side of the Nut! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I can see it now! ROFL ROFL!

And here here on the heat! It may appear low compared to the mainland but OMG it's hot down here when it's hot. And that's coming from a mainlander living in Tassie. LOL! That friggen sun is a killer down here hey! Eats right into ya. But OMG BRING SUMMER ON!!!!! I can't WAIT!!!!!! Beach beach BEACH all Summer long!!!!
0 | 0
Tara
Oh and I am in Alcomie, 10 minutes for my Hubby and Tracey to get to town, 6 minutes for me! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
0 | 0
swathe
STUFF the Beach.. I'll stay home thanks... I dont like sand... boat.. time.. I think.. personally...

and me just trying to get on your back makes me laugh.. damn what a site.. that would be.. and can see us rolling down there.. bloody hell.. wouldnt the locals have a hell of a laugh then... LOL
0 | 0
Tara
ROFL ROFL ROFL! Would give the Stanley folk something to talk about for months!!!! We could make the Stanley Facebook profile. ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!!!  And you WILL be coming and getting sand on your feet, again, I will bloody have to piggy back you to a towel!!!! FAR OUT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Oh and here is a map Sharon to show where we are on the map and smithton too:

Not far away from each other at all hey Horts! Ok I seriously need to get into my bed. My day is hectic tomorrow and I sooooo need sleep. ROFL! And here I was going to have an early one tonight. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
0 | 0
Jana
Would Stanley like to take a ride on a Shrimp Boat ? Or I can take him to Bellinggrath Gardens. Might even be able to get in the house in one of the Guest Rooms.
0 | 0
skyezak
Thanks girls, now I know where you are and I can't remember going off the beaten track to your towns but we would have come close. I keep telling my boys we'll go over on the ferry one time and do a road trip around but that might be a while as they're little terrors in the car for long periods and I'd be on my own with them. May just leave 'em in the bush somewhere with the Tassie Devils as they're my DS7's favourite animals. Not sure he'd like to meet one up close though!
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.