Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Chillin' and Chatter Halloween Photos - wanna see? Image Heavy!

Halloween Photos - wanna see? Image Heavy!

Hollie
2377 Posts
Ok, there are some photos from our display. We honest to god made at least 85% from scratch. We...I mean "I" repainted everything from pumpkins to skeletons!!! We did tons of garage sale hunting for all the trinkets. Hit a bunch of studio prop house sales - huge scores for no money, pennies on the dollar. Nick wired the skeletons and created all the computer guts to make them animated. He did all the computer programming too to make them move and create the show - video to come on that. So this is what 7 months of work looks like. And yep, Nick creates Halloween product for his business, so that helps too!

FRONT YARD CEMETERY - NIGHT - PART 2

Hollie
Designer - Holliewood Studio   
Owner - MischiefCircus.com
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
ANIMATRONIC PIRATE SKELETONS AND CANNONS

Hollie
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
Oh!  My!  GAAAAWWWWWD!

It would take me 8 months to come up with the words to do this display justice.
Oh. My. GAWD.

How ... ummm... wow... uh and... OH and those... and these freaking...
Oh. My. GAWD.

Dang Hollie. Damn! I'll be damned even.
Bravo to the MAX!!!
Standing OVATION!!!  
***and the crowd goes wild!!!***
:all hail:

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
persnicketychick
Are you for real? This is insane woman!!!!! Wowza wowa wowza! So TO-TA-LLY impressed!
0 | 0
joannknnrd
WOW!!!!!

What a HUGE undertaking, it must take months to plan. You guys are like the Griswolds of Halloween!

Do you do Christmas?

Amazing!!!!!
0 | 0
crazsquaw
Oh!  My!  GAAAAWWWWWD!

It would take me 8 months to come up with the words to do this display justice.
Oh. My. GAWD.

How ... ummm... wow... uh and... OH and those... and these freaking...
Oh. My. GAWD.

Dang Hollie. Damn! I'll be damned even.
Bravo to the MAX!!!
Standing OVATION!!!  
***and the crowd goes wild!!!***
:all hail:

I'll just say DITTO!!!!!!!!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Holy Moley!

It looks fantastic, no wonder you had everyone at your place.

The skeleton see-saw and the skeletons toasting marshmallows are my favs.
0 | 0
Fifi
Call me totally amazed and awed, how you manage to do all that and run a store and design and be a wife and mommy, well, you've got to be Superwoman!
0 | 0
Clementine
     I'm agog.
0 | 0
eryn
HOLY CRAP!! I'm seconding the superwoman thing!
0 | 0
LauraPM
Looks like Disney Land!  It's fabulous!
0 | 0
NBCrowabout
Wowwie zowwies! This is so super incredibly cool!!! OMG!!!!! A+ and then some to the both of you!!! There isn't enough words to describe how cool this all is!
0 | 0
ginamichelle1111
OMG Hollie! I want to go to your house! Halloween is my all time favorite holiday and you outdid yourself girl! Holy crap! It is soooooooo rockin! LOVE IT!!!!!!!! Have to show my DH! He won't believe it!! LOL

Oh look new smilies!! LOL::xmas7
0 | 0
madigirl
This looks so cool!! WOW!! amazing!
0 | 0
marzenka [sussieM]
Wooooow We don't celebrate Halloween here in Poland but gosh Your house looks fantastic :D

I just thought You should make a kit about Halloween Marines maybe
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
Is that pirate skeleton display at YOUR HOUSE?????

The roman bust and the hand coming out of the coffin remind me very much of the haunted house in Disneyland.

Seriously, I bow to you. So not worthy. We had some pumpkins out front...
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
Oh, and the groundskeeper too! Didn't the haunted house at Disneyland have a groundskeeper like that?
0 | 0
Jana
Oh Hollie that is so awesome! What a fun job he has and plus added benefits for decorating at holidays.
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Thank you all so much! We just got news a Halloween tour group wants to bring their tour by our house next year!!!

Yep Laura, this is at our house. The cemetery grounds keeper and coffin are right from Haunted Mansion. We had the sound track playing from it too. We want to add the grounds keeper's dog but aren't sure how we are going to make it yet.  The pumpkins sing Grim Grinning Ghosts...I love them!
Hollie
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Awesome news on the tour group.  

So, Hollie, I have to ask, what are you plans for Christmas?
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
Well, I use to go crazy for Christmas. Decorated almost every surface but now that we do such a huge Halloween to-do, I have lost my drive. Also, we now live in a mid-modern house and tons of Christmas decorations look odd. I still do a big tree and then some clusters around the house and that's it. Nick even sold all the inflatables at our last garage sale (he hates going up on the roof.) We are talking about turning the pirate display in Christmas and have them sing jingle bells. Could be pretty funny.
Hollie
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
I love the idea of the singing pirate skeletons.
0 | 0
justpattyanne
1059 Posts
I'm laughing at the thought of the singing skeletons as per each holiday!
I can see them for NY's and Valentines and St. Patty's Day and ... well Easter skeletons might not be a good idea.

"Do or Do not.
There is no try."
~Yoda~

My Gallery
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
well Easter skeletons might not be a good idea.

*snort* - I just spit my OJ out.  That is hilarious.
0 | 0
Mish
Ohhhhh Hollie, that is totally AWESOME!  Love love love it all, I am totally in awe!  I soooo wish I had access to prop houses like you do, I would be in 7th heaven!!!  Fabulous girl!
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
I had the record and story book of the Haunted Mansion when I was a little girl. Remember those? A record with a book and you read along with the record. When you got to the end of the page, there was usually a little sound to remind you to turn the page. I had the Enchanted Tiki Room one and the Jungle Cruise as well, but the Haunted Mansion was my favorite.

You should do the head in the crystal ball from the seance!!
0 | 0
Hollie
2377 Posts
I really love all things Disney! It's weird thou, I don't remember those books. I will have to scout Ebay for them.

We do have Madame Liota but run out of time and never got her set up. I was totally bummer because she is soooooo cool!
Hollie
0 | 0
mrsaboyer
I quickly found the Cinderella one. From this you get the idea.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CINDERELLA-LP-STORYBOOK-1958-DISNEYLAND-RECORDS-/120637681805?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item1c1690f08d#ht_977wt_905
Madame Liota! That's right. She's super awesome!
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
I had the record and story book of the Haunted Mansion when I was a little girl. Remember those? A record with a book and you read along with the record. When you got to the end of the page, there was usually a little sound to remind you to turn the page.

Yes!  I remember those.  We had the Bambi one, with Christmas songs on the other side.
0 | 0
paula kesselring
WOW !!!!! HOLLIE You're amazing !!!!

0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.