Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings
Forum Chillin' and Chatter Poor Relationship Skills

Poor Relationship Skills

Clementine

Well....I have a poor relationship with telephones.   Despise is a strong word.,  but.. I think i have to use it.   
They ring.  they demand.  they steal time.   they infuriate me.  

Sometimes other people have nothing else to do but sit on the phone and jabber.   Well i don't have time for that.   I don't even have time to take a crap let alone sit on the damn phone for an hour talking about nothing!
I know people... a couple people actually who drive me insane when it comes to telephone nonsense.   .

I used to think it was polite to at least say "uh huh".. or  "oh?"  even while i rolled my eyes and felt pissy.  But to be able to insert  a few "uh huhs"  and "ohs"   in the right space requires a certain amount of attention which is annoying as hell because it means i'm still being held hostage.   

I started noticing that with certain people no response was even necessary.    In fact it felt like my little "uh huhs"  and "ohs"   were getting in their way.. slowing them down.   making them stall for a spilt second and they didn't seem to appreciate it.     So I tested them a couple times by not saying one freaking little word the whole time.    And yep it was true.   they didn't need a response.   Nope.   they just jabber.   So I wonder....if they don't need a response..  if they're THAT out of touch with the person they supposedly are talking TO (not with) ...then why bother contacting another human?   Why not just go talk to a tree or a wall?    

These days... with *some*  people,  I can and DO hold the phone away from my ear at a distance where i'm just barely able to hear their little blabbity blab voice so i can tell when they might be finished... and go ahead and put my focus elsewhere.    but it's still so annoying to be tethered to them.  

It occurred to me that this one particular person wouldn't even notice if i left and went and did something and then came back.    I thought wow., i could probably go take a bath and come back and she wouldn't even notice i was gone.    I tried it once.    No I didn't go take a bath... but I listened to make sure she was on a good roll and then i put the phone down and did something real quick and came back.   Sure enough she was still yakking a mile a minute and didn't even know I had ran over and did something.  

Remember I told you how my mom was calling me and bugging me about the embroidered Jesus picture?    I could not begin to tell you the extent of it.
She called me many times a day for awhile.. just to punish me i suppose.   One day it was 6 times.   The record for one day was 10 calls.   Now you may wonder why i even answered the phone.
A lot of times I didn't.    But when I was trying to stay away from her (not go see her) I felt guilty and figured the least I could do was allow her access to me on the phone even if it  made me miserable.  

Ok so between the jabber mouth people and my insistent mother I started entertaining a fantasy in my head while I was on the phone with them.    I saw myself throwing the telephone into the pond out in my yard.    It's a big pond and it's about 12 feet deep in the middle.   The fanatasy grew stronger and sometimes i wanted to do it so bad.     Well one day my mom really worked me over and i had reached the end of my endurance.    I hung up the phone and i was bawling and had lost all impulse control.   I cried my way out the door with the phone in my hand and hurled it into the pond.   
Then still crying I went back in and got the rest of the set up for the phone.   the cradle.   It had caller I.D. and an answering machine and everything.    I took it out and hurled it into the pond too.   

Ahhhh.... finally... blissfully  phoneless.      But my freinds would not have it!    They thought I was woefully phoneless instead of blissfully phoneless. . I got 4 phones from 4 different people.   

But it wasn't long before the phone fantasies started up again.    And having acted on it once made it easier to do again.    The next time I got fed up I took the phone out and put an ax through it.   I got so much satisfaction from doing that.     I loved seeing the phone with an ax through it.     So i didn't throw it away.   I left it next to my front steps for months.,  and i enjoyed walking by it every time I came and went.  
Finally Tim Hohs mentioned to me that perhaps I should not keep it there.   that visitors might come to a wrong conclusion about me.   like I was a crazy violent nut case or something.   As an example he mentioned the UPS man who had delivered my cowboy boots.    hmmmm.     So i got rid of it.  

But i was not finished with phone mayhem.    I plunked two more in the garbage can.    The only reason I stopped getting rid of phones was because my freinds and family were giving them to me, and it was kind of rude to destroy them.   I needed to find a healthy way to deal with the telephone.
0 | 0
ArmyGrl

ROFL!  I am NOT the only one who hates phones!  Yipee!

My hubby and I even got into a bit of an argument the other night because I anserwed a phone call that was for him....I yelled out "GET YOUR DAMN PHONE!"  He thought I was being rude...oh-well.  I am what I am.
0 | 0
Clementine
Ha ha.   get your damn phone!   that's funny.  And damn phone is putting it mildly.   Telephones are rude invaders.   A great invention to be sure.   But hey..  enough is enough already.    In by gone days when people moved across the country or to another continent that was a big deal and they left with the reality that they may never see their family again.,   or hear from them and if they did it might be months or years in between.    But these days there's TOO MUCH communication!!!   We get bombarded with all these communication devices from morning till night and there's no peace.  no quiet.  no time to even know who you are anymore.   No time to live.   Only time to talk about living.    I should talk look what I'm doing now.     Ok.  back to work.   My next kit will be really neat.
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Ha!  I'm not a phone person either, never have been.

I love the phone with the axe through it.  Classic!

The phone rings at our house in the evening, and I know it's for my husband.  During the day, it's a telemarketer (rarely, if never these days), so I don't answer if my child is at home.  Obviously, if she's at school, I do answer the phone in case it's the school.

My husband calls me once before he gets home.  That's the extent of phone calls here.  

I have a lovely smart phone (an iPhone) and I use it to play games on!  Wow, you can make calls on it too?  I rarely do.  

I have an acquaintance who is always going on about how much time she spends on the phone.  She makes it sound like a complaint, but you can tell it isn't.  I think it makes her feel important or something.
0 | 0
Clementine
Maybe if i had a smart phone i would like it better.    But mine is pretty dumb.   The best phone i ever had i threw in the pond.,    It was cordless, so I  could walk around the house with it.   The ones i've had thereafter have been very old fashioned.   I'm tied to them.  I can only sit in one spot.    Boy I betcha people who have telemarketer jobs get earfulls.     Can you imagine?   My daughter Johanna used to give the phone to her little boy Tommy.    She'd say "here Tommy, it's for you."   and he'd be all happy and ask the person on the other end questions.. like "who are you?"  Those calls ended in a short time.    My awful trick is to just put the phone down,  put a pillow over it and walk away while they're giving their spiel.   Hours later i might remember the phone is off the hook but sometimes it's that way for days until Wendy comes over and asks if i've been talking on the phone for two days straight.
0 | 0
LauraPM
LOL!  I love caller ID!  When my MIL was speaking to us, she got voice mail if we didn't have an hour or two to listen to her.  I can't remember if her record was 5 hours or 6, but either way, you get the idea.  When my brother calls he gets voice mail too if I'm not up to listening to his latest drama over nothing.  I speak to him about every 3 or 4 calls.  Quite frankly caller ID helps me have better relationships with people like this.
It's better for me and for them.  The think I am a very busy person (not true) and I don't have to chew up my tongue or pull out my hair.  I highly recommend it!!!
0 | 0
Clementine
      your MIL and brother.       I can't believe you said that.     Yes caller ID is  great.   it has saved me much insanity in the past.    but in an effort to cut as many costs as possible until i have more  dough rolling in i don't have it.    So i'm always taking a chance.   Now that my mom has shipped off to glory land i at least know it's not going to be her.

Even though i don't like to talk on the phone much i like talking ABOUT phones.     My daughter Hanna is so funny.    One time when she got a male telemarketer on the phone she interrupted him by seductively asking  "What are you wearing?"   excuse me?  he said.    "What are you wearing.?"   she repeated.    He actually chuckled and said  "Ok.. i get it... have a good day."   

I laughed the hardest one time when I was at my sister Julies house and she was trying to get through to some company or something.    Push 1 for English.   For blab blab push 2.   For blabbity Blib blab push 3.   She was put on hold and the music started...  interrupted by a voice that told her to stay on the line.   and this is being recorded for quality control.    and another thing the voice said was it hoped she was happy with their service.    More music.  more stay on the line.  On and on it went, I could only guess what part  she was rolling her eyes about whenever i looked over at her.   She started fuming ... she had things to DO!    Finally after way too long on the line my sister screamed at the top of her lungs "HELL NO I'M NOT HAPPY!!!!!!"   and hung up.
0 | 0
Fifi
This thread is a riot, I love it!  Clem, your beginning is a classic, should be read by everyone, Absolutely priceless.  Phones are NOT my favorite thing, but I do play catch up with people now and then.  The worst is dealing with callers for the DH's store, record people, business people, people who want to get rid of their old records, cds, etc, and make a fortune from them, not happening, not with Raffe's place, specially when I hear "Do you buy old records?"  That's like a big old red flag to me!  'Cause I hate records, not the music, mind you, just the space they take up...can't even begin to explain...more red flags!  Anyway, love that picture with the ax!
0 | 0
Fifi
Clem, P.S. I have your Uptown Shirley cavorting with Sherrie's Bare Naked Ladies in a recent page!  Just lettin' ya know.
0 | 0
Clementine
Tanks Fifer.   i didn't see it.   It's neato skeeto!     

I've been out in the high desert near my home today with my ever present camera.   I just got the last photos I'll need for my next kit.    A COWBOY SONG.     Yippee!!   I am so excited i can hardly contain myself.   I started this kit well over a year ago.   It's actually my very very first kit!    but i got sidetracked into A PIONEER STORY when i collab'd  with Lorie D.     So off and on i've worked on it.    and i see the end in sight.   Maybe next week.   It's a real howdy pardner cowboy buckeroo kit.   I love all the animals in it since most are my neighbors.. i talk to them on my walks.   like the long horn steer ,  several horses.    Anyway.   I better get back to work on it.    As soon as it's done i've got another nearly finished too..   .. ARE WE THERE YET?.     I'm really looking forward to that one.    Cars of course,. for grumpy unruly kids.  Seedy motel, gas stations,  Roadside attractions.. like the biggest ball of twine in the midwest!  a nice family road trip.   ha ha.   I think i'll include a MIL rolled up in a rug to go on top of the car.   Did you ever see the movie with Chevy Chase about the family vacation?   the MIL kicks the bucket during the trip so they put her on top of the car.   cracks me up.   

So anyway sharpen up your lasso and prepare yourself for a little town called Rattlesnake Junction.   hope you're in the mood for cowboy.
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
Back to phones, I used to get my daughter to pick up the call, knowing it was a telemarketer.  However, she doesn't like picking up the phone anymore.  I once had an hour long argument with a telemarketer.  I bet he was in a lot of trouble that day.

I do most of my communicating via email.  Even my mum prefers to email me.

The cowboy kit sounds great, Clem.  I've been out and about with my camera too.  Nothing special, just trying to be more creative.
0 | 0
LauraPM
Telemarketers, ugh! We put our number on the do-not-call-list and that helps a bunch. And if I accidently pick up a call from one, I use my best condescending voice to say "I'm sorry, just not interested, bye!" and hang up whether they are done with their speil or not. I know, I am kinda mean, but I didn't ask the to call me. Sometimes I add in Good Luck with that, just to be truly annoying.
I can be a real pill without even trying too hard, hehe!
I use cloth and other re-usable bags at the store, so when the target clerks started getting snooty about my Trader Joe bags, I started using TJ's & other store brand bags exclusively when I shopped there. I use my Target bags elsewhere, but not there!

Can't wait to see the cowbow kit Clem, especially with all the animals! Being a designer must be a heck of a lot of work!
0 | 0
Clementine
Yes, it's a lot of work.     but anyway!  back to phones ha ha.     How funny that you use another stores bags on purpose.,    that'll teach em.   I don't go to the city very often.   in fact it's been a year now since i've been down to Boise.     Anyway......  here's a little trick that Tim Hohs dreamed up.    I don't know if he's ever used this trick but anyway ....... so you should keep a piece of paper by the phone.. this paper should be real noisy.  cellophane perhaps.   When someone calls that you don't want to talk with for long you grab the paper and start crunching it around in your hand and while it is getting closer to your face you say "do you hear that?... is that YOUR phone or mine?"   Finally the noise gets real loud (close to the receiver)  and then you simply hang up.   It's not YOUR fault.. the phone must have went dead.   I really think it would work.    One time i did something stupid.   I wanted to call some guy just to see if he was there,. but i didn't want him to know it was me in case he actually answered.   This was before caller ID was available so i could get away with this.    I put a couple things in my mouth... i forgot what they were but they were pretty big things.   So when i spoke it didn't sound like me.    That was so dumb.
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
We are now on the do-not-call list too.  I did used to have fun with some of the telemarketers though.  The kind that wouldn't accept no.   

LOL on the bags.  I've never encountered that attitude with my reusable bags.  What a bunch of pills those Target clerks must be.

I love Tim's idea.  I used to have really loud conversations with my child while there was an annoying telemarketer on the phone.  You know the kind, I'd be kinda yelling because she was in another room, but I was still on the phone.  Hee hee
0 | 0
tracynjana
I married a man just like you.  He hates the phone too.  We have been married for 15 years and if I call him during the day I feel like he can't wait to get off the phone.  And he loves me.  I would hate to be someone he did not love.
0 | 0
LauraPM
Clem I thought of this conversation the other evening. A sort-of-friend dropped by the other day and I wasn't really up for her visit anyway and I could not get her to leave! It felt like being hijacked, but in person instead of on the phone, lol! I even went and layed down for 1/2 hour and she didn't leave! Stayed and yammered at my spouse! I finally had to hand her a bag of tomatoes and wish her a good evening as I opened the door.
0 | 0
Clementine
Well at least you had the temerity to hand her a bag of tomatoes and open the door.   ha ha.    Hurray for you!    But first you had to go to bed for awhile.. that didn't work did it?    Makes you wonder about people being clueless.   maybe we're all clueless in our own ways.    I think i can take a hint.    I've probably got that end of the deal down.   But what i don't have down is the skill it takes to extricate myself from these situations in a gracious yet assertive way.    I admire people who can.  

Like my freind January.    She's not so gracious,, mostly blunt.   But i like it.   If you go to her place you must be able to *not* take offense when she says things like this:   "Ok.. I'll show you my fox (or my turtle or my chipmunk)  .. but then you have to leave."    At first it's striking., and most people are not used to having someone talk to them like that.    A weinie might get their feelings  hurt.    But I appreciate how she lets ya know that you're in the way.   or you're keeping her from doing what she needs to do.  She likes company.... sometimes.  but she'll like you more if you don't overstay and bug her.
     One time Wendy and I went over to have coffee and visit.,  and January was dragging firewood in with a sled... and Wendy asked  "Can we help you do something?"   to which January replied   "You can help by staying out of my way."   ha ha.   I love her for that.  

There's this other woman in town who is the flip side of that card.   I call her the "talker lady"   She's the only person in the universe who I've actually walked away from while she was still talking to me.   I'm not that way!!   I'm not that rude.. to walk away.   Instead I'm more apt to allow people to steal my time and walk all over me.   So to walk away from this woman was a huge deal to me.   But she was holding me hostage!  in her store!   with tales of her children.   Oh that's nice.  Ok I'll see ya later.   Bye now.  None of that worked.   Hand on the doorknob.   that didn't work.   Open door . stick foot out the door.   that didn't work.   I had to walk away with her voice trailing off behind me.   ya ya.  I'm in my car now lady.  Good F***ing  BYE!!!!!
0 | 0
Clementine
Oh and..  i know someone who owns a little coffee shop.  She watches her grandchildren during the day a lot of times.,   It's a cozy cute shop with toys for the kids.,   Anyway...   She told me that whenever the talker lady comes in her 3 yr. old grandson runs off with his hands over his ears and hides behind the counter.    I find that very interesting.     Well.   I'm being a "talker lady"   now..  so tah tah.
0 | 0
OMG this is the funniest little spot in town!!  I am laughing my face off!  But Clementime, what really killed me was learning of your friend who gives the telemarketer calls to her son saying he has a call!!!  LMAO!!!!!!!

I'm an episodic phone person - if something's going on or if I'm really, really missing a friend of mine; I'll make a call or answer one - otherwise, please leave a message :)

Clementine - your life in Idaho is like a little sitcom with the most wonderfully enriched characters starring YOU!   More, more, more!!

0 | 0
Clementine
Hi Lisah.   that person who would hand the phone to her little son is my daughter Johanna.    I think it's perfect.   Little Tommy would be all excited that HE was getting a call.
And what for? he'd wonder.   Who ARE you?  he'd ask.   Telemarketers don't have time for that!  

I have to be careful because TIM HOHS  has told some local people that i'm jabbering on the internet.    Bad Tim!  bad bad Tim!      I like it better thinking no one in this valley has a clue.   that way i can talk about them ALL.    
P.S.   the photo bucket place removed my picture of the telephone with an ax through it.   It violated their code.    I suppose it made me look like an ax murderer.
0 | 0
LauraPM
yay, we hadn't talked in a while, and she had a lot to say.  Or at least some stuff to say, over and over and over.  She's nice enough, but it's alway all about her, she doesn't have many actual conversations with folks, she just seems to need someone to listen to her talk.  And she totally doesn't get it.  She thinks she is a great conversationalist and always there for her friends, LOL!  She doesn't seem to care that we have told her we absolutely DON'T want to talk politics, she always does.

And this is really funny.... last year after my oldest brother died (not the funny part) and our 2 oldest cats died all in the space of a few months (also not funny) I got pretty depressed and didn't really want to talk too much to anyone or even be around anyone.  She would come over twice a month to mow our lawn (we do pay her some) and I was apologizing for not being very social and she had the nerve to tell me that a lot of her friends were going through stuff and no one had time for her and that it was really bad timing for her! LOL!
This really bothered me and frankly pissed me off, so the next time I saw her I talked to her about it, I told her that dieing so unexpectedly probably wasn't very convenient for my brother either, and his death and the cats' certainly wasn't very convenient for me either, but frankly there wasn't too much I could do about any of it.   She looked at me like I had two heads.  She didn't have a clue what I was talking about, even after I reminded her what she said.  I had to explain to her why what she said made me feel this way.  She apologized but I think she just chocked it up to my depression. ROFL!  She is something.  I'm not quite sure why we are still kind-of-friends, LOL!
0 | 0
Clementine
Speaking of phones some more.    I was taking care of this woman who had alzheimers disease.    I was living with her for 10 months!!    I almost lost my own mind.    But to the point here.   I answered the phone and this guy asked if Mrs. Kinney was home.   I said yes but she really can't talk with you, so might I be able to answer his questions.   He was insistent and became just slightly rude saying it was Mrs. Kinney he was interested in talking with not me.    I said  "Ok.  but you'll be sorry."    I handed her the phone and boy howdy she was so confused., i felt sorry for her but let her yammer at him for a bit before I rescued them both.    I got back on the phone and said  "See?  I told you. "   He said "Yes.  I understand.   I'm sorry I won't call again."
0 | 0
Clementine
My oldest brother left this world too not long ago.   darn him.    And today is the 1st yr. anniversary of my mom getting on the bus to glory land.     This evening especially around 9:45 i must distract myself so i don't get too into the memory of being with her there at the end.    I pretty much made a scene worthy of a movie.  embarrassed my sisters.   ha ha.   I should  tell that story.   but some people might feel sorry for us and not think it was funny.   

I'm interested in hearing about that time in your life Laura when you left high school early to go be with your first..... husband?
0 | 0
LauraPM
OMG, are you sure?!?  LOL!!!  Not husband, first girlfriend.  She was 14 years older than me.  Quite the scandal, I must say, LOL!  I can laugh about it now, but it was quite the piece of drama cake at the time.  Mom was none too happy.  She and I stopped speaking over it.  I didn't have any family contact for 20 years.

You have to understand some background information first though.  I was in the 2nd batch of kids for my parents.  They had 2 and raised them and practically raised 2 nephews too.  Then they became foster parents when the first batch was almost grown.  They had a friend who was a cop who knew they would take kids on short notice, so they were really able to help out.  Along the way they ended up adopting 3 of those kids and then me.

Dad was a mean drunk, just yelling and shit though, not violent.  But ornery as all get out.  He would have preferred to stop at 2 kids, 4 more was a lot for him but mom got her way with this.  But NO MORE dad said.  I guess that was their compromise.  

So mom and dad finally get a divorce (thank God) and mom went back to school to learn a trade.  After Jr College she got a job and continued going to college, this time a state college.  This was during the late 60's early 70's.  Mom was in her 40's/50's by then.  She was very progressive about a number of things, but very old school about others.  She was born in 1919, it was a different world then.   And in the late 60's early 70's homosexuality was still on the books as a mental illness.  Mom believed this was the case too.  She had some gay friends but I guess that was different somehow.  She enjoyed their company, and they weren't family.  Anyway, I'm sure that mom had seen early signs of this in me and she tried her hardest to train this out of me, as much as that is possible anyway.  And I think she thought she had.  It was the farthest thing from my mind anyway.  At least until mom remarried and we moved to San Jose and I met the woman who lived down the street, hehe.  There was chemistry I didn't understand, but couldn't deny, so we started sneaking around town, away from her husband and my parents.

You also need to know that I Loved my mom with a capitol L.  I tried my hardest to be a good kid.  The kind of kid she would want to keep.  That was my biggest fear as a kid, of being sent back, which would never have happened, but kid fears aren't always rational.  I knew where I had come from.  I knew who my biological parents were.  We all did, because they were relatives.  I had 3 bio siblings that hadn't been as lucky as I was.  If mom could have afforded to take them, and dad hadn't put his foot down, they would have been with us too.  But they weren't.  I remembered what it was like for me, and saw what it was like for them.  So anyway, I wanted to make mom happy.  When I did anything that she wouldn't have approved of, I made sure she didn't find out.

But almost a year after the relationship started, mom finally figured it out, or couldn't keep denying it was happening, not sure which.  Maybe a bit of both.  She confronted us, and was shocked when we didn't deny it.  Over the next few weeks we both said some really MEAN things to each other, she called the cops and things got really ugly.  I was a minor and my girlfriend was decidedly not.  Looking back now, I have no idea why a person that much older would have gotten involved with a minor, and I know she was really torn about it too, but there is no way in HELL I would do that now, but.....

Being the last child home from 2 batches of kids, I think mom had pinned hopes and dreams on me that maybe had nothing to do with me.  I was her last child, her baby.  This did not help the situation.

Anyway, I over hear my mom tell my brother's girlfriend that she was going to ask me to move out the next day to teach me a lesson, that once I got a taste of the real world I would be back.  3 days tops she said.

So the next day she tells me this, I say 'fine, thank you' because I know it's coming and pack up a few boxes and toddle down the street.  The woman's husband moves out and I a damned if I'm ever going back home again.  I would have lived on the streets first.  I felt like I had found mom's achilles (sp?) heal.  The one thing she couldn't love about me.  I'm hurt, mad, defiant and all that kind of stuff.   Plus I was 17 by that time and you remember what that's like.  So I figure, fine, if I'm not good enough for you, tough shit.  And except for a few attempts on her part we never talk to each other again.  She did call when she had colon cancer and tried to apologize for some little thing she did that I didn't remember.  But I was needing to hear a different apology, needing to hear different words than she said.  She never told me she had cancer but to be honest I don't know if it would have made a difference at the time.  I was so angry still.  She had taken away the most valuable thing I had: her love.

When my brother called to tell me she had passed away and asked if I wanted to come to the service, it seemed hypocritical to go, since we didn't have much to say to each other while she was alive, and since hypocrisy was my biggest complaint about her, I didn't go.  It didn't seem right.  Plus I knew it would be a bunch a drama because they would have wanted me to come by myself, and I would't have.  But my gf would have just made a scene if I had taken her, as this was her habit.  She was bi-polar, very self involved and had addiction issues to boot (alcohol and/or Rx meds).

Fast forward 20 years, I meet a really nice woman at work(Lisa), much closer to my own age (4 years younger than me), and we become fast friends.  Such good friends as a matter of fact, that I realize that I am better friends with her than I am with my (same as above) partner of 20 years.  She gives me the courage and support to finally do what I hadn't been able to do before and that is get out of that stinking rotten relationship.

So now 15 years later Lisa and I are still together, happy as clams, and I have mended fences and become friends with my family again.  My birth mother (who struggled with mental illness) passed away 10 years ago and there are very few family boundaries now.  And I feel like mom and I have made our peace.  I can look back fondly at the good times and the many gifts she brought into my life, and accept our parting of ways as what it was and nothing more.  I miss the time we didn't have together, but there is nothing to be done of that.

I think my sister still holds it against me a little, but I can live with that.  And I am not going to repeat to her the mean things mom and I said to each other to make her understand, that is just water under the bridge.  There is no point.

So Clem, I guess that was more than the 'little' you asked for, LOL, but I'm not known for my short stories. :) Oh, btw, to answer your question, I got my GED that summer back in 1975 and then a few years later went back and got my HS diploma through Adult Ed.
0 | 0
Clementine
That's one heck of a story.   It's rather sad ,. as you know since you lived it.   Isn't it amazing the havoc that is wreaked just  from the simple lack of understanding and tolerance towards each other.     Add to that - poisens,  such as anger (to only name one)  and voila!    You get the perfect story of imperfect lives lived on an imperfect planet.    We all must forgive each other because we're just doing the best we know how at the time.   Thanks for sharing that Laura.   I appreciate knowing more about you.   You had some rough times., but how lucky you are for that.   Sometimes we can't appreciate light unless we've been in darkness.    The path we've been on has shaped us.   Isn't life grand?
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.