Mischief Circus

Categories

Help & Settings

Shamed into action

Clementine

I was embarrassed yesterday because i wanted to show the horse in my house since that is a rather unusual situation., however it meant my messy house was revealed to the world.    NOthing like a little shame to get a person to clean their house.
Here's my house straightened up better.    I mean I    HAVE to show it to you now.    because i can't leave it with the whole world seeing only mess mess mess.      Although I will admit.. mess has been my middle name lately.   I spend way too much time working on the computer.    Things are going to hell around me because of that.
NOtice the pretty curtain?      unfinished walls.   I don't mind unfinished walls.  but that hole in the wall with the electric wires showing... i don't like that.    This is the only room that has electricity.
0 | 0
Clementine

This is where the horse was stomping around.     There's a naked girl riding on a long horned bull painted on that wooden stool there.    it was the first thing I ever painted.   and one out of only 3 things i *ever* painted.   :-)
I bought some oil paints.   painted 3 pictures when i was in my early 20's.   they weren't half bad so i thought ..hmmm
i could do this if i wanted to.    So onward to what i  *couldn't * easily do.     And that was music.    Music did not come easy.  It took me 10 years to get good enough with music so that i could drop that out of my life.     I got sick of music because.... i literally got SICK every time I was to perform.    I would go to bed a couple days before a show and pull the covers over my head and be miserable.    It wasn't worth that kind of pain.    Hey and we're not talking Carnegie Hall here either.    Just local events in mostly small surrounding towns.    Boise was the biggest place i ever sang at... and the only time my mother ever heard me.   Just having her there made it 14 thousand times worse.   Because... well .. sad to say but mom had me pegged as a loser and i never let her know any different because i didn't want to hurt her feelings by ever appearing to be happier or more successful in life then she was.
0 | 0
Clementine

I live in a cabin which is unfinished.,   I know most of you probably live in way nicer homes.,., but i really like it here.   Nothing is new.     Thrift store finds.   yard sale finds.    I love crap like that.
The red checkered thing on the floor is a dog bed.    Giant dogs inhabit this place with me.
0 | 0
Clementine

Doors take up too much space so i don't have doors... just  a lot of curtains.    I love fabric, so curtains I can live with.
0 | 0
Clementine

A corner.    I keep the dog food in that red wooden box.      oh ya,  and that's a head in a basket.
0 | 0
Clementine

This is my idea of a chandelier.   This hangs over my kitchen table.    it's a dinosaur and a man.   In my mind the man thought he was soooooo big , bad and brave and he was going to tame that damn dino.   But once he got in there with his AK47 (in his hand) all he wanted was to get out!    Help he says.   let me out of here.
My luck dragon up there on the cupboards.
0 | 0
Clementine

A wee glimpse into the queens sanctuary.    My sister Julie and I had so much fun kicking that hole in the wall.   I mean we KICKED it down.    bam bam bam.   No door.   just a curtain.    I love curtains.  and i love rugs.
0 | 0
Clementine

Curtains curtains curtains.    no doors.    I love fabric.    I was once a fabricholic.
0 | 0
Kazadoodle
I like your house.  My house would be neat if it weren't for my husband, who is totally disorganized and keeps putting things down 'just for the moment'.  Sadly, our child has taken after him, rather than me.   Anyone coming to our house would never believe I used to be a neat and tidy person.  The mess just defeats me.
0 | 0
eryn
hahaha! gotta love shame! Love your house Clementine! It's interesting and everything has a story. My house is boring ...and messy.
0 | 0
LauraPM
wow, you clean quick!  When our place gets out of hand it takes us quite awhile to set it right again.  But I have to admit, I was looking at the giant horse in your house, not the surrounding view!  I think you have a very nice place, it is cozy, comfortable and creative!  Love the curtains, especially the blue ones!  Beautiful.
And the dinosaur is perfect in the birdcage chandelier!  Love the dinos!
0 | 0
Clementine
No I don't clean quick.   well yes i do.   depends on how many layers have been allowed to accumulate.    Most of the time i like to have only enough mess that i can make it look good in an hour if company is due.    But..... it is a sorry plight i've been up against lately.    It has taken me days.. dare i say weeks to get my kitchen back in order.    The other day my freind Wendy wanted to sample something i'd prepared.   I looked at her and inquired  "REally?..... because if I were in some elses kitchen and it looked like THIS i wouldn't want to touch anything let alone EAT anything!"   
   Karen.... I know all about KIDS, DOGS, AND MEN.     I put them in the same catagory., that is things i love but who cause me trouble , grief, and are incredible mess makers.     I have wittled it down to only dogs now.   and if they have mud on their feet or hay on their backs they stay outside.   How great is that?   I really need a male partner in my life., but... I can't seem to get past the notion that they'd probably want to live in the house with me.   I can't deal with that.  
When I think of their boots laying around or   newspapers scattered  i decide all over again that i'd rather be lonely then pissed.
0 | 0
Clementine

There kitchen clean.      I BUILT this kitchen!!!     it was the second kitchen i made.    Ask Tim and Lorie.   it's the truth.    The first time in my little house in town i ripped everything., i mean EVERYTHING out of the kitchen room until all that was left was 3 pipes sticking up out of the floor.   For weeks - nay - months i had the biggest most horrible mess you can imagine and i'd never built a kitchen before but i was so determined to do it myself that i refused help.   I'd lay in bed at night thinking of how i was going to do stuff.. one thing at a time. like how to put the countertop on.   how to get the cupboards up etc.    cut a hole in the counter for the sink?   that was scary.   the plumbing part was awful. .   I am certain that Tim and Lorie thought i was doomed when they saw what a gargantuan project i had made for myself.     And then i did it again here.
0 | 0
Clementine

Notice the fat orange extension cords...   those ones are snaking around into the living room to provide electricity.    One of these days.... or not............i'll have electricity in ALL the rooms of this cabin.     Guests leaving my place at night must use a flashlight on the darkest nights.   a porch light would be awesome.    Oh and i love the shark head holding my wooden spoons. and the frog holding the rubber spatulas.    I got them at Ross.    Do you ever go there??    Whenever i make it out of the mountains and go down below to the valley i like to go to Ross.
0 | 0
Clementine

Shrek wants to say hi.    "Thanks for noticing me."     he's a dangerous man up there with his knife.
0 | 0
Clementine

Braggetty brag brag.      Look at the fine craftmanship here.     The laminate counter top..  the wooden edges.    ya baby.    And i used the crudest cheapo tools.    ha ha.  took me all winter though.    I got the flower edge at Home Depot then painted it with childrens watercolor paints and then put varethane over it.
0 | 0
Clementine

Another corner in the kitchen/dining area.       That vase with the glass flower makes the rounds.  (my son Jesse is a flame worker-glass blower)   I move stuff around a lot.    and not just little things like that.    I move whole ROOMS around.   I've always done that.    I'll move everything in one room into a different room.  switch it up once in a while.    For instance last winter my entire bedroom moved into the dining room and everything in the dining room including the table moved into my bedroom.     I'll do that again this fall because i can't begin to tell you how enjoyable it was to lay in bed at night and watch the fire in the woodstove.   God i love life.   little things like that.
0 | 0
Clementine
I was moving rooms around when my kids were little too.    One of my greatest moves was to put all of the beds in the living room.    There were 4 - FOUR- bedrooms in that house! ..  so it wasn't like I  did this because of a bedroom shortage.     And it was fantastic that way!    Fantastic I tell ya.   We had a bunk bed.  a queen size bed and a twin size bed.    What was so wonderful about the set up was that it felt like a baracks.   And all of us got to sleep in the same room.    Well.. i always slept in the same room as my kids when they were little anyway....  One time i moved all of our beds into MY bedroom and it became wall to wall bed.  no room to walk.   You just opened the door and had to jump on the giant bed.   That's when it occurred to me that the living room was bigger.   Need I mention i was a single mom and could do any damn thing i wanted without a husbands whining input.
0 | 0
Clementine
Hey you guys.    i'm not the only one who lives with a roof over my head.    I really enjoy seeing inside other peoples homes.    I love to look through the pages of Country Living magazine and Cottage Living mag.    Wendy and I (my freind) say to each other  "Hey lets go visit so and so.... you'll LOve her place!"     We just like to see .     When it's dark outside and if you're walking in a neighborhood and they have their curtains open.   Then you can see inside peoples homes.   It's not like I crawl across their yard on my belly and peek in their windows.... but just walking by and catching a glimpse is neat.       Ok  about crawling across a yard and up to someones window.     Well I'll admit i've done it.    But I was young!     My brothers and I were unsupervised little wildish urchens who roamed the streets of Boise Idaho when other kids were safely home.   
During the christmas season we did this bad thing and thought it was fun.    We'd sneek across someones yard,  crawl up to their windows where the lights were strung.   those big fat lights from the old days.  not the dinky little things they have now.    And we'd unscrew as many as we dared.   the whole string did NOT go out when some were missing.    Then on to the next house.
We got major bravery points if the window curtains were open and the family inside were sitting there watching t.v.  while we layed there and unscrewed their xmas lights.     Ok..   now as an adult i'm not proud of this behavior.   but once again.. we had no guidance and no supervision.   We made up our own rules about life.    We smashed the lights on the pavement.   they exploded like dull firecrackers.     I know kids these days don't dare have that kind of fun.  they'd get in mucho trouble.

So..... if you want to show us your home.,  i know i'd sure enjoy it.    Or just a room , or a corner you like.
0 | 0
eryn
i'd rather be lonely then pissed.

OMG I hope that I one day get to be single just so I can use this as my mantra!! awesome!

And wow for building your own kitchens. You are my hero!
0 | 0
Fifi
Have thoroughly enjoyed seeing your home Clem!  Have uploaded some photos to photobucket but I always take too long switching back and forth and inserting and foaming on about each pic, then I get logged out, blech...aarrgh...etc., will try anew at another time!  (Would you be surprised that my place is kind of modern Asian, but not?!  OK, here's one thing, my dining room with a fave Chinese Red sideboard and my fave painting by Kira, rescued from the fire, it was totally blackeded, but somehow they restored it tho the brush marks aren't really there, at first they said it couldn't be done, but then they did it because I said it was so important to me!  
0 | 0
Clementine
I love that red sideboard.    I'd move any of my crappy furniture to the dump to make room for that lovely piece.     well except my piano.     Kira painted that picture?   It's awesome.
0 | 0
Fifi
Thank you kindly, ma'am!  I saw that red thing and said "SOLD" with nary a thought!  (Thank God for good insurance checks!)  I have several of Kira's paintings hung around the "new" homestead, I'll upload some more if you life, just makes me happy to wander around some days and see her art hanging there to be enjoyed!  I love it when people admire her work.  It just makes me feel good all over.  It's like a validation of her existence.  So, thank you sweetie pie, honey lamb, horse lover and creator of fine kits and fellow granny!
0 | 0
LauraPM
Should I leave on the plastic covering the sofa and love seat or take it for the picture, LOL!  With 3 cats and a dog, all indoors it's the only way we can keep them semi-clean.
0 | 0
Clementine
Cats.  dogs.   men.    vermin.    oh i shouldn't say that.   I have two wonderful sons.   I'm joking!!  
Ok just cats and dogs.    they sure are dirty creatures.      Ok.  just dogs.   they sure are dirty!  
Mine are anyway.   I understand the sofa covering business.   My dogs dive into the dirty pond outside., race through the fields getting all kinds of seeds and burrs on their bodies.  roll in dead things whenever they find something.,   And i love them so much and want them to be comfortble that i still won't chase them off the furniture.   Instead i put blankets on the couch at night for them., then take the blankets off in the morning.    kinda works.    I put the cats out at night because i don't trust them.
0 | 0
ArmyGrl
My house is so naked!  Hardly any pictures or art on the walls (and the walls are still white).  Because I'm in the Army, I move like every 3 years...so I just can't bear to put a lot of time, energy and effort into what I feel is a temporary home.

I look forward to the future...a day when I can have a permanent home--I'll fill it with art and objects of beauty; I'll have a nice garden...sigh...thats at least 10-12 years away though...
0 | 0
Clementine
I look forward to the future for you too.     I can see why'd you think what's the point of getting it all cozy only to move away again.    It's a very nomadic life for you then.    I wonder if you'll be able to sit still after a career in the army.    Good thing you can take your puppy winks with you where you go.  They help make a house a home.
0 | 0

You need to register or login before you can comment.