Mischief Circus
Home Shop Gallery Forum Blog Contact
Go Back   Mischief Circus > Create...Grow...Inspire...Share. > Challenges and Series > Past Challenges

Old 04-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Crowabout StudioB CT

gallery

Default CHALLENGE - Zetti-fy Yourself! - CLOSED

(Zettis created by: (Top row, left to right) bockel24, Tumble Fish Studio, DBMiller, Fifi, WaterRabbit, Two Dresses Studio, persnicketychick; (Bottom row, left to right) Hollie, peppapig, ms.bailey, AmyK, NBCrowabout, Willow2323, maggiebean)

We played with this challenge a few years ago but once again, we'd love to celebrate YOU and see your Zetti selves in this challenge. And there's a (mostly new) free kit* for you to use in this challenge. You can find it HERE!

What is a Zetti you ask?
"Zetti" is a term that was created by the artist Teesha Moore years ago and has been interpreted by hundreds and hundreds of artists in a number of ways ever since. Basically, "Zetti" is used to describe a style of work using figures that blend reality with fantasy to create an entirely unique creature or being.

We want you to create YOU, Zetti style!
Zetti-fy yourself using the free kit to create a doll version of YOU! We invite you to look inward AND outword to express your authentic Zetti alter ego in a doll format. Remember, Zetti is a little "real" mixed with a little "not so real".

Challenge Requirements and Information . . . Easy Peasy
. . . Just finish your Zetti self and post it in this thread by 11:59 pm May 15 to be entered in the prize drawing.
. . . Use your own face for this one . . . it's a self portrait of sorts!
. . . Your finished doll should be around 4" x 6" at 72 dpi (to keep it under 400 kb). That way it will be the right size to post in the Small Works gallery too and you won't have to resize. In fact, you can post your work to the Small Works gallery first, if you wish, and then use the link from the Small Works gallery to post your doll here in this thread.
. . . Besides your own images of your own self, you may use any other images you like as long as they come from Mischief Circus designers. Please list the kits you use.
. . . You do not have to include a background or setting, but you certainly can if you want to. Either is totally fine.
. . . You do not have to use the freebie kit unless you want to.
. . . Please post your work in the Small Works gallery here.

(If you need help with adding images to your post, please visit this tutorial.)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The prizes up for grabs, for two lucky random winners, are a $10 & a $15 coupon to a surprise Mischief Circus designer's store! Woot! The prizes will be announced on Monday, May 16. Final entries must be made by 11:59pm May 15. You can post more than once but will only be entered once for a chance to win.

Tips
If you work in cut and paste format, just print out the patterns on the printable jpg sheet in the free kit and cover the patterns with your face picture and whatever you'd like to cover your body with.
If you work digitally, you can simply create a layer on top of the pattern pieces and then "clip" the layers together.

*Thank you to these designers who kindly donated the parts and pieces for this very special "Zetti-fy Yourself" kit: Holliewood Studios, Itkupilli Imaginarium, Xquizart, Marta Van Eck, Crowabout StudioB, and Tumble Fish Studio.

Last edited by Hollie; 05-17-2016 at 04:02 PM..
Old 05-01-2016, 11:13 PM
Crowabout StudioB CT

gallery

I played around with 2 versions just to get things going . . . I chose not to do a background:

I used my Starlight kit (body, legs, wings, cape), my Mellange Mash Up kit (fish), my Everland kit (antennae)and the freebie kit (Xquisart arm and Crowabout arm).

I used my World's Greatest kit (polka dots on crown, roses in pocket, body), my Journal Words kit (for word), my Starlight kit (wings) and the freebie kit (arms from Itkupilli, legs from me)

Last edited by Tumble Fish Studio; 05-01-2016 at 11:59 PM..
Old 05-01-2016, 11:51 PM
The Cirky Crew

gallery

love yours, Marsha.
Here's my first play. With and without background.

Created with the Zetti challenge body parts. Background, planet and stars from TFS "Starlight", my dress and hose prints are from "Cut Apart Sheets" Fish Flakes, Sparkle from "Everland". The head... well, that's mine. I guess we have Ron and Alice to thank for that.

Proudly creating for Holliewood Studios, Xquizart, Tumble Fish Studio, itKuPiLLi, Crowabout StudioB,Marta Van Eck, Miles Beyond The Moon and the newest designer and my beloved friend, Songbirdy!!!!!

Last edited by Nonni_f; 05-02-2016 at 12:03 AM.. Reason: adding kits
Old 05-01-2016, 11:54 PM
Crowabout StudioB CT

gallery

We forgot to list our kits, Arline. Me too.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:04 AM
The Cirky Crew

gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumble Fish Studio View Post
We forgot to list our kits, Arline. Me too.
added mine as well. I'm in a witty (or sarcastic) mood... depending on how you look at it.

Created with the Zetti challenge body parts. Background, planet and stars from TFS "Starlight", my dress and hose prints are from "Cut Apart Sheets" Fish Flakes, Sparkle from "Everland". The head... well, that's mine. I guess we have Ron and Alice to thank for that.

Proudly creating for Holliewood Studios, Xquizart, Tumble Fish Studio, itKuPiLLi, Crowabout StudioB,Marta Van Eck, Miles Beyond The Moon and the newest designer and my beloved friend, Songbirdy!!!!!

Old 05-02-2016, 12:31 AM
Crowabout StudioB CT

gallery

Thank you, Arline! And I LOVE zetti YOU! Thank you Ron and Alice for making beautiful Arline!
Old 05-02-2016, 12:50 AM
The Cirky Crew

gallery

This just might be addictive!
TFS_FF_CutApART1_BlankSheet1dddddd by Arline Grant, on Flickr
Created with Tumble Fish Studio's "Cut Apart Sheets" and Xquizart's "DIY Doodle Art Houses" and "DIY Doodle ArtTrees"

Last edited by Nonni_f; 05-02-2016 at 12:53 AM..
Old 05-02-2016, 02:08 AM
The Cirky Crew

gallery

ok... i gotta go get my beauty sleep but plan on playin this week ... just gotta get thru monday and tues!!!
Old 05-02-2016, 02:26 AM
Ring Leader

gallery

I love this challenge. It's always so much fun!!!!

Created with
Zettify Challenge Freebie by Tumble Fish Studio
Something Else by itKuPilli
Somewhere Else, Halloween @ Mischief Circus, World's Greatest Pet by Holliewood Studios

Old 05-05-2016, 12:29 AM
Audience

gallery

Love it Hollie!